Highest Volume TOO Low; How to Increasee?

At the highest volume I can get with the turn wheel, the level is too low to hear over the machines at the YMCA when I exercise.  I have latest firmware update (I am in USA region).  Is there a setting I can use to boost the level of sound further?

Phil

Do you have the volume setting on high?  If you already do then what volume are your files?

I use a standard commercial conversion software to read the audio CD and convert the cda files to wma or ogg format.  There is no “volume” setting for the rip software.  The volume from Fuze is set by the Fuze volume.  I use the turn wheel to increase & it shows the blue volume at the far right maximum value.  I am not aware of any other setting/submenu to increase the underlying volume level …only know of the turn wheel.

I have readin the forum that the EU sets volume lower, but I set settings for USA region.  I updated to the laatest firmware yesterdaya…bought thee Fuze yesterday so it is my first Fuze experience.  My COwon and Samsung have more than adequate volume capability.  

Is there a way to set volume higher?  In a noisy background, it just is not “hearable” the way it is now. 

I’ve read that v 1 had a volume setting available, but that v2 does not…hopefully you can tell me how to increase the volume setting in the Fuze for the USA.

Phil 

Volume is also affected by the headphones you use.  For example, I have an on-ear pair of Sony headphones that I like, but because of their higher impedance, they have lower volume than the pair of earbuds that came with my Fuze.

You might find that volume will be louder if you set the equalizer to “normal”, which is the flat setting.  The Fuze automatically reduces the volume by 3dB for any other EQ.

Message Edited by scotta316 on 02-05-2010 05:18 PM

PRPluta wrote: I have readin the forum that the EU sets volume lower, but I set settings for USA region.  I updated to the laatest firmware yesterdaya…bought thee Fuze yesterday so it is my first Fuze experience.

Phil 

There is a setting that you may have missed.  On the Fuze, go to Settings / System Settings / Volume, and make sure it is set to High.  This is the setting that the EU region does not have available.

PRPluta wrote: My COwon and Samsung have more than adequate volume capability.  

Phil 

They both have significantly higher output power…I have a Samsung myself, and it is a little powerhouse!

Thank You.  I did two things.   The Sansa ear buds are MUCH louder than the ones I used with other players.  Just changing the buds made a BIG difference.

The other was your suggestion to go to the VOLUME setting.  I had missed that setting.

Now my problem has been solved.  Thanks folks for the input.  Much appreciated.

Phil 

I have the same problem: volume is too low. Actually, everything was fine until a few days when something happened. I think I might have updated the firmware.

I tried following the suggestions and go to system setings, volume, but there is no Volume option.

Any suggestions? 

jbrajkovic wrote:

I have the same problem: volume is too low. Actually, everything was fine until a few days when something happened. I think I might have updated the firmware.

I tried following the suggestions and go to system setings, volume, but there is no Volume option.

Any suggestions? 

Asked and answered multiple times here already. Here’s just 1 example.

Why not put a sticky on this ubiquitous volume problem?

ggin1

Message Edited by ggin1 on 02-06-2010 10:18 PM

Probably because it might not look good for sandisk for them to actively promote ways around EU law?  It’s one thing for a user to say it but a whole other thing for a rep of the company.

A few choice lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail might explain it best:

This is from the Internet Movie Database (iMDB):

King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn’t vote for you.
King Arthur: You don’t vote for kings.
Woman: Well how’d you become king then?
[Angelic music plays…]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin’ in ponds distributin’ swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Dennis: Oh, but you can’t expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Dennis: Oh but if I went ‘round sayin’ I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away.

Dennis: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I’m being repressed!
King Arthur: Bloody peasant!
Dennis: Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That’s what I’m on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn’t you?

Sir Bedevere: …and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
King Arthur: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep’s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

What do I know, I’m just a humble American peasant.  Didn’t somebody wield Excalibur in Brussels recently?  Perhaps, the new EU regulations are the first shots across the bow regarding personal enjoyment of music.  We have determined that you are having too much fun!  Nonsense!  Too many smiles here!  Back to paying your taxes!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

They also took away our old fashioned lightbulbs.  They probably did more important things than that but volume and lightbulbs are my main concern (apparently).

Your freedoms won’t be taken away all at once, we’ll just nibble away at you for years.  I’ll bet Lenin had a hand in that.

So, have you noticed anything peculiar about those “eco-friendly” twisty jobbies?  They don’t last any longer than a tungsten bulb.  Yes, they are rated for a longer service life, but I have a whole bin of dead ones.  As for the mercury in them, well, a lot of them have suffered ruptures (hence the “don’t last” conclusion) in normal service.

Bad glass, improper securing adhesive / seals to the transformer, improperly wound coils, underdesigned cases that stress the glass, burned cases, corroded contacts (thank you RoHS requirement, nobody has studied alloys, I guess).

I do actually like them, depending upon the application, as they are efficient, and throw a decent light.  They just DO have some alarming limitations.  Perhaps, if I could find some manufactured properly in Germany or England.  Don’t think so.

Maybe it’s time to enjoy the warm glow of thorium from a gas lantern.

Bob  :cry:

They just give me headaches.  But I have heard that the cost of proper disposal outweighs any gains from lower energy use. 

I have just purchased an 8GB sandisk fuze and set it to EU English setting. There is no volume increase option in the setting and I can hardly hear my music through decent headphones. What can I do? Is there a way of resetting it? Or some software I can download to help.

Please help!

Sarah

SarahCape wrote:

I have just purchased an 8GB sandisk fuze and set it to EU English setting. There is no volume increase option in the setting and I can hardly hear my music through decent headphones. What can I do? Is there a way of resetting it? Or some software I can download to help.

Please help!

Sarah

Did you by chance see the ‘sticky’ post (shaded) at the top of the board?

Sansa Fuze - insufficient volume after firmware update

Click on the green Solved! icon (upper right corner) to go to the soution.