Having some problems consistently embedding album art...

Using MP3Tag.

I get a jpeg (usually in a 300x300 range and perhaps 25-75 kB each.  I name the jpeg “album art”.  Drop the jpeg into all the mp3 files and Save.  It all looks fine.  Upon loading into the Fuze, this appears to work correctly about 80% of the time.  And therefore about 20% of the time the embedded art does not show up.

Any detailed recommendations or something that I’m missing?

blackdog-sansa wrote:

Using MP3Tag.

I get a jpeg (usually in a 300x300 range and perhaps 25-75 kB each.  I name the jpeg “album art”.  Drop the jpeg into all the mp3 files and Save.  It all looks fine.  Upon loading into the Fuze, this appears to work correctly about 80% of the time.  And therefore about 20% of the time the embedded art does not show up.

Any detailed recommendations or something that I’m missing?

Back when I had my first Fuze, I only used the folder.jpg method…one image in each album folder…never tried embedding at that point.

Don’t use MP3Tag. Simply insert an ‘album art.jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’ image files in the album folder alongside of the song files as Marvin suggested.

Oh, and make sure they are regular old white-bread .jpg files; no progressive format.

Don’t use MP3Tag. Simply insert an ‘album art.jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’ image file in the album folder alongside of the song files as Marvin suggested.

Oh, and make sure they are regular old white-bread .jpg files; no progressive format.

Tape

In the past I had lots of problems with the Fuze not picking up on art if I just put an jpeg named “album art” in the folder. Sometimes I’d have many mp3 files, dragged and dropped from other CDs with their own art…and I wanted to make a new album and give all the mp3’s one single art image.

So I started using mp3tag to imbed the art and generally it’s great…except every once in a while regardless of WHAT I do the art just will not show up.  Even with the jpeg “album art” in the folder.

So that’s where I’m at. Any further recommendations would be appreciated.

The Fuze can’t handle some jpeg images, I guess it doesn’t matter then whether they are embedded in mp3 files or just put in the directory as folder.jpg.

Loading them with GIMP and re-saving them usually helps, at least for 300x300 images.

“Loading them with GIMP…”

Can you expain that for me?

blackdog-sansa wrote:

“Loading them with GIMP…”

Can you expain that for me?

GIMP is a free Photoshop clone program. Any image-editing software would work.

thanks