Get Audiobook from CD's to Fuze

George Peppard used to say that all the time, “I love it when a plan comes together!”  (Who remembers the corny A-Team series?)

I’m glad you have “leading zeroes” on those files 1-9.  The Sansa will play them in order.

You can do a few cool things with those mp3 files:

Right click on a track, looking at the Library tab in WiMP.  Advanced Tag Editor will be available.  See that the Genre field is “audiobook”.  When these tracks go to the Fuze, they will go in the Audiobooks folder.

You can add a cool Harry Potter album art image to the files if you wish too, using the editor.  We can go over that wee detail later.

Editing tags is pretty basic once you get the hang of the editing software.  I love MP3Tag, as it does the job rapidly and very smoothly.

On to the Fuze.  Finding the book will be via Music > Audiobooks.  If you turn Chapter Mode on, by clicking on the bottom “submenu” key, this will allow you to skip forward / back one file at a time.  When you leave the book playback to listen to a little music, the individual files all have bookmarks at the last listened point.  The player will ask you “resume from current position” or “from beginning”.

Give it a try.  Enjoy your book!  The Sansa works beautifully with audiobooks.

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 12-14-2009 02:52 PM