Fuze+ shut off and won't turn back on

I know I had some battery life left on this device, for some reason right after I turned it on, it flashed the welcome / loading screen, and turned itself back off. It will not turn on no matter what. When I plugged it into the computer with the correct USB cord, no response. It stayed off. I even switched USB ports and it still is now a broken thing.

My old MP3 player (Coby) randomly turned itself off, but all I would have to do is press the reset button, and everything turned back onl. There is no much-needed reset button on the fuze. This fuze I bought 3 months ago. Is this under warranty? I’d like to get a new one.  

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to reset the device, then try powering up again.  If the battery is really low, leave it plugged in to the USB port for a while, and it will wake up- the display will show the USB icon.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

2 Likes

This worked! Thank you. 

Had the same problem but my fuze do not come back on. I tried holding the power button for 15, 20, 25 seconds     HELP

@calvin51 wrote:

Had the same problem but my fuze do not come back on. I tried holding the power button for 15, 20, 25 seconds     HELP

You are pressing the power button for the specified time (20-30 secs.), then releasing it, then _ pressing it again momentarily _ to power it up, correct?

I tried this several times, and it won’t work…what now? please help! this is brand new and i REALLY don’t want to buy a new one…the other thing with mine, is that i had it working for a while, and the music was playing, but the screen wouldn’t light up, the volume wouldn’t go up or down, its really wierd!

If it’s brand new, and resetting it doesn’t help, I’d suggest returning it to where you bought it and get another. If that’s not an option contact SanDisk Tech Support/Customer Service to see about a replacement under warranty.