Fuze: is this the "best" one for my needs ...?

I was hoping that someone with your knowledge might answer - thank you!  To clarify, I’ve never converted a music file to mp3 but already knew from research that I would have to learn how to do this.  I did go to Dar, at your suggestion.  However, it appears to be no different from the other, mulitple fm streaming apps and sites that are available.  The downside to those, as far as recording is concerned, is that you have to “batch record” multiple songs for a pre-determined amount of time, having no choice in the specific songs that *I* want to record and play back - basically a hit and miss opportunity, including, I presume, all the station breaks and advertisements recorded, too.  I assume I can’t “cherry pick” the few I might like and then delete the others.  I was hoping, with the Fuze, to be able to hear the announcer state the next song, or two, or three,  and then quickly record it if it’s one that appeals to me and then to stop the recording at the end …listen some more, and record again another song I like.  Can’t seem to do that with Dar, et al. 

I might mention I have in the house an xln’t-quality fm tuner and if there was an “easy” way to tape from that and then edit my recordings down to the ones I want and then convert to mp3’s, that would be fine, too.  Does such a “recorder” exist like that?  Anyone?