Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Fuze freezes on startup

My Fuze has been working perfectly until today. The battery went dead so I hooked it up to my PC as usual to charge it. When I turned it on it gets as far as the Sansa logo then freezes. I have to hold the power switch in the on position for about 30 seconds in order to turn it off. I hooked it back up to the PC and it was recognized once but now it is not recognized. I tried holding the power swtich in the on position for 10 seconds to reset it but it did not help. What can I do to fix this?

SanDisk Guru

Re: Fuze freezes on startup

Take out any microSD card.

Leave the unit off. Click the power switch DOWN into Hold position--you'll see a little orange dot.

Connect one end of the USB cord to your computer. Open Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer). Hold down the << side of the wheel. Connect the USB. The Fuze should be recognized and pop up in Windows Explorer as two drives.

This forces an MSC connection, the simplest connection. Right-click on the Sansa Fuze drive in Windows Explorer. Go to Properties/Tools/Error-Checking and run Error-Checking. There may be a bad file in there that Windows can fix. If it asks you to Save Bad Chains or save anything bad, don't save.

Re: Fuze freezes on startup

Thank you. Even though it did not find any errors it seems to have reset the unit to an operating state.