Fuze cases and skins are hard to find and expensive!

Why doesn’t the Fuze include a skin with belt clip in the box? At least the Clip has a clip on the back of it, so a skin isn’t really necessary. If Sandisk didn’t want to include a skin in the box, then at leat make sure retailers stock a skin that retails for under $8, or have the player made with a removable clip on the back of it.

You do realize that retailers sell cases, clips, etc for roughly $19 to $29? You’re complaining that SanDisk doesn’t subsidize the accessory market and give money to retailers to make them sell it cheaper just for you? Wow. Here’s some old news for you: Accessories have always been more expensive than they’re worth. Deal with it, or use eBay.

Who said anything about subsidies? if Sandisk came out with its own skin/beltclip for the Fuze and priced it at $3-4 wholesale, $8 retail, and encouraged dealers to stock it, that would be a solution. people don’t want to have to order things from some small unknown merchant on ebay, or to pay high shipping costs for such items. It is best if it is included in the product box. What would it cost Sandisk to include a skin/beltclip in the box with the Fuze? Could it be around $1 a player or perhaps even less? It seems to me the cost of such an item could be very low if produced in very large quantities. It would greatly add to consumer satisfaction.

Here you go!! Fit is great! Price is $7.99 + shipping!  I got the smoke and it just had the arm band. My wife got the clear *aka almost white* and it had both belt clip and arm band … Go figure!!  Well worth the $$$… Oh it took 11 day’s to ship to the door…That’s longer then most places but it was still worth it…    George

http://www.handhelditems.com/sandisk-sansa-fuze-silicone-skin-case-smoke-p-13135.html?osCsid=24d11ac85948d53347531773cc6aa5f3

Did you read what I wrote? I said that I don’t want to order it from some unknown company on the net and pay shipping as well. I also want to see it in person before buying it. Inexpensive skins and cases should be made by Sandisk, and stocked in stores.

Message Edited by JK98 on 09-28-2008 05:22 PM

I was just trying to help you out!!  Stick it man!

@jk98 wrote:
Did you read what I wrote? I said that I don’t want to order it from some unknown company on the net and pay shipping as well. I also want to see it in person before buying it. Inexpensive skins and cases should be made by Sandisk, and stocked in stores.
Message Edited by JK98 on 09-28-2008 05:22 PM

Well I doubt stores would stock them.  In another post they said Sandisk is only 11% of the market, not enough for stores to stock accessories.  On another post (called something like Lack of Accessories) it was talked about, if you want accessories (a variety and especially at stores) you have to buy the product that has them.  I’ve looked at various stores and they do not stock SanDisk accessories even those that sell the MP3 players.  Stores will always sell the big ticket items that will make them money.  At 11%, that’s not big enough for them to care.  I mean, maybe someone will want the plastic cover, someone else the silicon cover, someone else won’t care.  That’s a very low return rate.  And even if they stocked 3 at a time, those 3 could be sold out quickly before I got a chance to buy them and not restocked for a while.  They have to think of the bottom line for the shareholders, not the buyers (and it’s unfortunate).

My silicon cover came from Amazon and an unknown seller, however, others had recommended it and had good luck, so it wasn’t completely unknown and risk.  I am happy with it.  Mine also came with a belt or waist band clip. 

JK98, which stores did you look at? 

I saw some at radioshack (couldn’t find it on their .com) but didn’t notice the price as I all ready have one and was looking at something else.  I was pleased to see they had Sandisk mp3’s there (even though it was in a corner and not lit up like the other over-marketed player).  As well as other items for the Sandisks (again I didn’t look long, so I don’t remember everything, sorry).

Radioshack sells a 3 pack of skins for the Fuze for $20. One is black, one is pink, and one is orange. I just want a black one, and for $8 or less. The pink and orange ones are worthless to me. Radioshack sells a $5 skin for the ipod Nano.

ShopSansa.com has stuff for sansa. I already read the other posts, picky, andif you don’t like the **bleep** case, RMA.

You want cheap accessories?  Buy an I-pod.  They have the market share, and as such, more vendors are likely to make cases for the players that have market share.

Sansa creates a player that costs roughly 50 to 100 dollars less than an I-Pod, has more features, such as FM tuner and expandable memory, and you are peeved at the lack of a good case?

Please…

I bought the DLO action jacket at Best Buy for about 20 bucks, and even with the case, I saved over 30 bucks from the new price of the 8GB Nano.  And I have another 8 GB on a memory card, I bought for 35 bucks, and now for a total of about $185, I have a 16GB player, that is expandable to 40GB.  This is compared to the new Nano’s that are listing at 199.  And THAT is after Apple did the price cut on their Nano. 

When I actually bought my Fuze, the fatboy Nano’s were starting at 199 for 8GB…

So I’m sorry, but I really think your being a bit unreasonable.  Bite the bullet, get a nice case and still save some green over the Ipod…

Oh, and I almost forgot,  The Nano doesn’t have unlimited I-Tunes, unlike Sansa’s nice integration with Rhapsody…  So I think you can afford to break out an extra 20 bucks for a nice jacket for your Fuze.

I got the Handstands 3-in-1 kit at Best Buy.  Expensive at $29.99, but IMHO, the best Fuze case on the market.  The leather-like glove fits sungly and has a plastic screen protected stitched in, and the zippered hardcase is nice and protective.  It’s also a very small package and very pocketable.  I’d highly recommend it.

All the best.

@p_opus wrote:

I bought the DLO action jacket at Best Buy for about 20 bucks, and even with the case, I saved over 30 bucks from the new price of the 8GB Nano.  And I have another 8 GB on a memory card, I bought for 35 bucks, and now for a total of about $185, I have a 16GB player, that is expandable to 40GB.  This is compared to the new Nano’s that are listing at 199.  And THAT is after Apple did the price cut on their Nano.  

I have the DLO Action Jacket, and it’s wonderful. And for $20, you can’t go wrong.

I have the DLO action jacket as well and like it well enough, though it bounces around a bit too much on the armband, and I’d rather have a case with a clip though and then I’d leave the Fuze in the case all the time, and clip the case on and off the armband.

Also, I really dislike the silicone skins with the double slits in the back, at least to working out, because sweat flows into the skin though the slits and the collects in the bottom of the skin, which seems unhealthy for the Fuze.

And I guess this is one reason why it might not be good to include one with the player, for people like me who are excessively picky.

I have a Sansa Clip and a Sansa Fuze.

The clip is great for working out, ridding my bike, walking my dogs, etc…it’s small, and, well, it has a clip that works REALLY great.

I love my Fuze too, but it’s nowhere near as portable, rugged, and handy as my Clip.

I’m still waiting for a good case for my Fuze; the DLO Jacket doesn’t appeal to me.

Heck, I got a silicone skin with armband and belt clip, a car and wall charger and an extra cable for $15.00 including shipping from Amazon.com, and they work perfectly!  That’s the best deal I’ve ever seen on any brand of mp3 players!

Radio Shack offers an excellent selection of skins and cases at reasonable prices.

I picked up a set of 3 Gigaware™ Silicone skins for $20.

@tmarkoski wrote:

Radio Shack offers an excellent selection of skins and cases at reasonable prices.

I picked up a set of 3 Gigaware™ Silicone skins for $20.

Those skins are great, but for ten bucks more at Best Buy, I got the HandStands set that has the leather-grain body glove (with built-in screen protector) and hardshell case.  But, to each his or her own.  If you’re happy, enjoy!

All the best.

The silicone covers we sell aren’t bad, but I wouldn’t recommend them unless you can’t find a better alternative out there… I’ve found the invisible shield is the best value available right now. I hate the covers we sell at Rat Shack because they aren’t exactly easy to get into or out of your pocket.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/sandisk-sansa-fuse-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

One of the things about the Fuze is that there just aren’t usually any accessories in stores. I did look on Amazon and they do offer a variety of covers - both silicone and hard cases. Some come with armbarnds and a belt clip, some just come with the hard case and a belt clip. There are a variety of prices, most of which are quite palatable, and will need shipping added. One of them is a hard case with a lanyard, whcih someone some where else on this forum was looking for. There are options, though.