Fuze + Rockbox + Rhapsody Channels = 1 Happy Camper

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, I find out USB transfers are now working.

I downloaded the latest build, and while it seemed to take a couple of times for my Windows 7 box to properly detect and download the rockbox device drivers, now it seems to be working well.

The unit will still default to original firmware if you plug in USB with the unit off.  However, if you have the unit on and booted into Rockbox, the USB symbol will appear in the Fuze screen and Windows will install the rockbox MSC device drivers.

After a couple of failed attempts it seemed windows finally properly installed the device drivers

Just for a test, I erased and then rewrote a folder to the SD card and it was sucessful.  I have a USB charger at work, I’ll need to see if that still works and allows playback while plugged in.  I hope so. 

Nice. 

Now I don’t have to wait for the dreaded database refresh everytime I add an album, only when I refresh my rhapsody tracks.

Hopefully this will be added when the next “stable” release (3.11).  In the meantime, you can download the latest release and extract the .zip file on your computer and copy the .rockbox folder into your player and allow your computer to overwrite existing files and the new build will automatically start.

(Fuze 8GB Black with Sandisk 32GB microSD card)

(rockbox build e61142a-120211)