Fuze+ Reviews

OK.Want to share the pictures of newly opened fuze+

http://postimage.org/gallery/8k8u6wxxk/f4d332d1/

My review: 

Completely acceptable as an iPod Touch replacement.  Get a low capacity model and enjoy.

Completely unusable for any music collecton over 20 Gig… a 16 Gig model with a 32 SD card is a pipe dream unless you have 30 gig of pictures.   The firmware is simply not ready for the capacities at which these devices are reated.

Where are the reviews?These are’nt reviews.

@bryan88 wrote:

Where are the reviews?These are’nt reviews.

Anythingbutipod has a great official review here.

A snip of its conclusion:

@Andreas Ødegård wrote:

The Fuze+ is not an easy player to judge objectively. On one hand, the design is good, possible storage capacity is excellent, menus are very nice looking and there are plenty of features for such a player. On the other hand. the controls are so beyond bad that it makes me want to cry.

New to the forum, but I just wanted to add my comments on the Sansa mp3 player. I recently bought the 8gb white model with a 16gb sdhc card. My previous mp3 player was the Sony NWZ-A845 which is beautiful, but totally crippled by the EU Volume limit.

Anyway onto the Sansa Fuze+ with lastest firmware (02.38.06). In my opinion the sound is more than equal to the Sony with a nice wide soundstage. The screen is vibrant and the menu system is fine. The touch pad is responsive, perhaps a tab over responsive, but on this issue my cell phone is touch, so I’m quite used to this by now. The size is good, weight feels right too.

I really like this player — it’s neat. So I’m very pleased with it so far. I can finally enjoy, and hear my music without a volume cap.

@avanze wrote:

I really like this player — it’s neat. So I’m very pleased with it so far. I can finally enjoy, and hear my music without a volume cap.

As long as you don’t set it to Europe as the region, otherwise it will be subject to that volume restriction as well.

Welcome to the forum! I’m glad that you like your new Fuze+

1 Like

@tapeworm wrote:

As long as you don’t set it to Europe as the region, otherwise it will be subject to that volume restriction as well.

Welcome to the forum! I’m glad that you like your new Fuze+

Thanks Tapeworm. 

Yes, I believe this little sansa fuze and I will live happily together. :smiley: 

My old Fuze broke, so I asked my son for a Fuze+ for Fathers Day. I figured, “Hey…it’s got a “+” after the name, so it’s going to be better than the original Fuze!”

What a mistake.

Even after updating the firmware, this thing is horrible to use. The controls on the Fuze were great…not so on the Fuze+. The user interface is horrible.

I just spent ten minutes trying to use it and am ready to throw it away. It took forever to turn on, and would not unlock when I needed to turn the volume down. 

Had I known what a piece of junk this thing is, I would have just gotten a Fuze again. 

I guess I’ll set it aside and save up for a better player.

This may not change your overall opinion of the product, but the LOCK feature was changed in the 1st firmware update. The manual may not have been updated to reflect this. You can now lock and unlock it using a temporary press on the power button.

The lock feature is not a problem when it works.

I was listening to some music the other day and had it locked. Needing to adjust the volume, I tried to unlock it and it wouldn’t.

I truly hate this player and miss my old Fuze  :cry:

While trying to listen to an audio book, the chapters got shuffled around a bit, and the rather complex story line, with at least 5 different locales,. and now I’m totally lost & disgusted.  I’ve come to grips with the fact that I’ll have to read the actual book, and that after a few weeks, just so I can try to flush the mixed-up story-line out of my head.

I bought an Ipod Shuffle last month, which was worse than the Fuze+, and am back to the Fuze+, but only as a music player.  No more audio books on the Fuze+.

1. Load your audiobook into MP3Tag (free software)

2. set “genre” tag to <blank> (or at least something other than “audiobook”

3. make sure track tags are in the correct order

4. append track numbers to the beginning of the filenames

5. save everything

6. copy those files to the “Podcast” folder on the Fuze+

Everything will work.

@wisko55 wrote:

While trying to listen to an audio book, the chapters got shuffled around a bit, and the rather complex story line, with at least 5 different locales,. and now I’m totally lost & disgusted.  I’ve come to grips with the fact that I’ll have to read the actual book, and that after a few weeks, just so I can try to flush the mixed-up story-line out of my head.

I bought an Ipod Shuffle last month, which was worse than the Fuze+, and am back to the Fuze+, but only as a music player.  No more audio books on the Fuze+.

Just change the genre of all of your books to Podcast and store them any where.  They will show up under podcast and you will be happier… just a little bit more.

My Fuze+ is without doubt the absolute worst electronic device I have ever purchased. And I’ve been around long enough to see a multitude of devices and the various iterations through which they have gone. The navigation scheme or methodology is absolutely inane. To say that it makes no sense would be giving it too much credit. But the real achilles heel of this device is the absolutely buggy touch screen. You never know if it’s going to respond or be totally unresponsive. One moment you think the Fuze+ is working as intended; the next time you seem to have no control whatsoever. It’s basically an expensive paperweight. Actually, it even fails in tht respect. It’s a little too light when the wind is blowing over my desk.

Horrible user interface, touch pad controls are WAY too touchy to use, half the time the music sounds semi-muted, player will skip to shuffle on its own, just to name a few…

The next time I go shooting, guess what’s gonna be the first thing I shoot?  :smileyvery-happy:

I would like a better zoom because it only lets you move from left to right but not up and down

iTunes most likely invented ratings unless they stole the concept.

Agreed the Fuse+ is the first horrable player they made and it is horrable.  They used to make a good player for a good price.  I would use buy a clip since it has the button controls.  I hate the Fuse+ touch control and do not like touchscreens.

try Mediamonkey and put the book into a play list.  MM will sync playlists to a Sansa.

@rm11 wrote:

Agreed the Fuse+ is the first horrable player they made

Guess you never had a View. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or a Shaker . . . or a SlotRadio . . . or a SlotMusic player.