Fuze+ Reviews

@barrio wrote:

By the way, who came up with the music options that has us needing to rate the bloody song?

Unless something has changed with the Fuze+, ratings are optional. Some people like to use them, others don’t. You don’t have to if you don’t want to.

@barrio wrote:

By the way, who came up with the music options that has us needing to rate the bloody song?

Unless something has changed with the Fuze+, ratings are optional. Some people like to use them, others don’t. You don’t have to if you don’t want to.

On the Fuze ratings are optional. I think having song ratings is a good idea. Unfortunately on my Fuze the song ratings disappeared after a while. I didn’t try using song ratings after that. Was that fixed in a firmware update?

Does the Fuze now retain song ratings?

Very few players collect playcount data. I think this would be valuable to have, especially for someone with a very large music collection that can’t fit on his player. Having playcount data makes it easy to decide which songs to delete from the player to make room for other songs.

@neutron_bob wrote:

No, they didn’t connect it using the oxygen-free braided hand made headphone cable and compare its sonic niceties against a Pierre Lurne Audiomeca J1 with a VanDenHul modified Virtuoso Talisman cartridge, or post response curves ad infinitum, complaining about the clash of the blue case against the rosewood desktop, but the piece was fine.

You BOUGHT those???  LOL!!! (I’m kidding).

However, I have a long history of being pretty particular about sound but I`m no audiophile (those critturs are superstitious idiots who actually DO buy those kinds of cables).  I’m a long-standing music enthusiast who got into audio to support the habit, which is why I fell in love with the Cowon line.  However, I’ve long been looking for a player that has decent sound quality (the Sansas are pretty serviceable although they can’t match a Cowon), have gapless, replaygain and don’t require rubbish llike Windows Media Player or any software to manage them (drag ‘n’ drop will do just fine, thank you).  The original Fuze had all that EXCEPT gapless and Cowon is yet to discover ReaplyGain.  I bought the original Fuze on the strength of an Anythingbutipod review and am largely satisfied.  Now I want to see if the Fuze+ measures up in terms of the audio quality and gapless, hence my desire for something more detailed than a consumer piece.

And no, Mr. Bells expose doesnt cut it.

An epic fail , by CNET’s Donald Bell. He reviews the player, but only with the included earbuds! Jasmine France always tries different earphones when she reviews a player…so shame on you, Donald! http://http://reviews.cnet.com/portable-audio-devices/sandisk-sansa-fuze-mp3/4505-6450_7-34165136.html?tag=rvwBody

“An epic fail , by CNET’s Donald Bell. He reviews the player, but only with the included earbuds! Jasmine France always tries different earphones when she reviews a player…so shame on you, Donald”

That is one of the reasons why I wish players came without earphones, and instead came with a decent case.

Most people already have earphones or headphones, but not a case for the player.

1 Like

@marvin_martian wrote:

An epic fail , by CNET’s Donald Bell. He reviews the player, but only with the included earbuds! Jasmine France always tries different earphones when she reviews a player…so shame on you, Donald! http://http://reviews.cnet.com/portable-audio-devices/sandisk-sansa-fuze-mp3/4505-6450_7-34165136.html?tag=rvwBody

Yeah, the review could have been more in-depth.

Oddly, he also praises a “new” feature that sounds very much like Auto-Detect mode. :dizzy_face:

On my Fuze the only rating I have is Ilke it, or I don’t want to hear that now, and maybe never.  I downloaded 6 Gb of music from the SXSW web site and there was a of of stuff I don’t wish to hear, YMMV of course so I delete as I go along, it just takes a second.

I put audio books in an audiobook folder I created and made certain they would play consecutively.

I don’t care about folders for music I just put the player on random and repeat.  With 2500 tunes onboard I am always surprised at what I hear.

I agree, I’m a loyal user of older Sandisk MP3 players but this is impossible to use and control.  You mean I can take it back?  Oh I pray I can…  just want to hear my songs in the order that I loaded them.  Maybe cos I’m no longer a teenager.

I think people should read the Fuze+ forum instead of reviews that are out there in the net. I think they would change their mind in minutes if not in seconds. :smiley:
It’s a pity that this good gadget has so many bugs.

I was looking to buy one of these as a good deal in the local tech-store, but when I saw the problem with voice and fm recordings in this forum I changed my mind as I need this player function very much.

Just to give a different opinion here, I’m loving my Fuze+, it’s working quite well for how I use it.  I was thrilled that I could listen to podcasts at a faster speed, and that it also includes radio with good reception.  For some reason, my stereo’s do not get my favourite station very well inside my house, but the Fuze+ can :)   The only thing I’m waiting for is listening to music by folders, and a bit more consistancy with the touch sensitivity, though that is mostly working well for me.  I don’t have any music subscriptions so I don’t have to worry about the rhapsody type issues that many seem to be having.  Oh, I’d also like some more accessories like cases.

By the way, do you have a problem with continuous voice recording like the other owners of this player?

AnythingButIpod review

maybe you are interested in this review…

My Review: A great player lacking FLAC support. In any usable way, shape, or form. So, correct that and it might meet my needs.

OK.Want to share the pictures of newly opened fuze+

http://postimage.org/gallery/8k8u6wxxk/f4d332d1/

My review: 

Completely acceptable as an iPod Touch replacement.  Get a low capacity model and enjoy.

Completely unusable for any music collecton over 20 Gig… a 16 Gig model with a 32 SD card is a pipe dream unless you have 30 gig of pictures.   The firmware is simply not ready for the capacities at which these devices are reated.

Where are the reviews?These are’nt reviews.

@bryan88 wrote:

Where are the reviews?These are’nt reviews.

Anythingbutipod has a great official review here.

A snip of its conclusion:

@Andreas Ødegård wrote:

The Fuze+ is not an easy player to judge objectively. On one hand, the design is good, possible storage capacity is excellent, menus are very nice looking and there are plenty of features for such a player. On the other hand. the controls are so beyond bad that it makes me want to cry.

New to the forum, but I just wanted to add my comments on the Sansa mp3 player. I recently bought the 8gb white model with a 16gb sdhc card. My previous mp3 player was the Sony NWZ-A845 which is beautiful, but totally crippled by the EU Volume limit.

Anyway onto the Sansa Fuze+ with lastest firmware (02.38.06). In my opinion the sound is more than equal to the Sony with a nice wide soundstage. The screen is vibrant and the menu system is fine. The touch pad is responsive, perhaps a tab over responsive, but on this issue my cell phone is touch, so I’m quite used to this by now. The size is good, weight feels right too.

I really like this player — it’s neat. So I’m very pleased with it so far. I can finally enjoy, and hear my music without a volume cap.