Fuze Playlist Issues

I got a new Fuze a couple days ago after my e250 died.  I set up my playlists using WMP.  These playlists include songs I ripped from CDs and purchased from Rhapsody.  Here is the problem.  When I synch my Fuze with WMP all of the songs I purchased from Rhapsody are removed from the designated playlists.  The songs remain in the Fuze, but I have to return to Rhapsody and put all the songs back into the appropriate playlists.  Is there a fix for this?

Additionally, when I synch my Fuze with WMP some of the Rhapsody songs are downloaded into WMP while others are not.  Not sure what the problem is here.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Message Edited by jpeck999 on 04-01-2008 06:50 PM

By the way…I realize I mispelled Fuze in the message subject line.  Please don’t give me too much grief.  :slight_smile:

I’m not 100% sure, but maybe you’re player is in MTP mode and it should be in MSC mode.

jpeck999 wrote:

I got a new Fuze a couple days ago after my e250 died.  I set up my playlists using WMP.  These playlists include songs I ripped from CDs and purchased from Rhapsody.  Here is the problem.  When I synch my Fuze with WMP all of the songs I purchased from Rhapsody are removed from the designated playlists.  The songs remain in the Fuze, but I have to return to Rhapsody and put all the songs back into the appropriate playlists.  Is there a fix for this?

Additionally, when I synch my Fuze with WMP some of the Rhapsody songs are downloaded into WMP while others are not.  Not sure what the problem is here.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Message Edited by jpeck999 on 04-01-2008 06:50 PM

I dont really understand the first issue that well. Are you able to just create / sync playlist with all your tracks (cd’s and purchased) from rhapsody? From my understanding, you try to do this in WMP and the songs you purchased are excluded from the original playlist.

What do you mean by “I have to return to Rhapsody and put all the songs back into the appropriate playlists”, does that mean you just create the list in rhapsody?

IN regarsd to your 2nd issue, you should be able to see any files compatible with WMP through WMP. You can try updating your library by selecting F3 inside of WMP. Once there, you should be able to select the directory (or the entire C drive) and scan it for comptabible tracks.

WMP 11 will not handle Rhapsody Subscription content in playlists.  It doesnt have the ability to sync the licenses.  So your best bet is to synch Rhapsody content Playlists from Rhapsody, and use WMP to sync your non DRM content. If you import your music intoRhapsody you can sync it in combined playlists, however my experience is the Non Rhapsody Imported content may not sync album art.

You must use MTP mode with Rhapsody.