Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: Fuze+ General Information

Bryan88 wrote:

Hello,I just want to know if the firmware is okay today?

Define OK.

George_D

What is the minimum speed class for microSDHC for this player?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

The lowest speed, or Class rating on memory cards that I know of is Class 2. Is that what you're asking?

George_D

Sorry not to be clear, but I'm asking if there is a recommended speed class for micro sdhc cards to be used with the Fuze+?

I know some manufactures recommend certain class speeds to be used with there devices and I was wondering if SanDisk had one for the Fuze+.

TIA,

George_D

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

No, there's no recommended Class card for the Fuze+ or any of the Sansa players. Anything larger than a Class 2 though, in my opinion is a waste of money. The Class (or speed) rating of the card only pertains to the "writing to" the card, not the "reading from" it.

The faster cards are designed for use in cameras. While you may save a couple minutes in transfer time if you intend to load the card up completely in one fell swoop,  you'd have to use a high-speed card reader see this time savings. If the card is in the player while you're transferring the files, your transfer speed is limited by the reader circuitry inside the player.

My advice? Don't waste your money on the faster cards if all you're going to use them for is an mp3 player. :smileywink:

vyper

my battery is dead but can still play on my pc can i save my music on my pc and transfer it to a new mp3 or i pod?????

can anybody help me

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

vyper wrote:

my battery is dead but can still play on my pc can i save my music on my pc and transfer it to a new mp3 or i pod?????

can anybody help me

It's unlikely your battery is 'dead' and won't hold a charge after so short a time. I don't know when you got it, but the model itself (Fuze+) has only been out a couple years. The batteries are designed to last much longer than that. Not to say it cannot happen, just that this possibility is extremely rare.

If it is not holding a charge (or is not charging) there are several things that could be at fault; your cord, the USB port, the charging circuitry within the player, etc. If something in the player itself has failed, and the unit is out of warranty, there's not much you can do but of course if it is still within the warranty period, SanDisk will replace it at no charge.

But first, try solutions or remedies that are within your control, like trying a different USB port, a different computer, a different cable/cord.

If all fails then yes, you can transfer your music on the player back to your computer for re-transfer to a different device. But . . . they should already be backed up somewhere (like your computer or external hard drive) in the first place for just such a contingency. You can simply reverse the process you used to transfer the files to the player, or drag & drop (copy & paste) from the player to your computer.