Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
karl32

Re: Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

How about some accessories!  e200 series had a great docking station with remote to play through a stereo system (and also recharged the device).

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

synrgii wrote:

All I care about is MY FOLDERS.  that's it.

FOLDERS

FOLDERS

FOLDERS.

Please.

Touch sensor is SO frustrating.  I miss my old Fuze.  It was absolutely perfect.  Even the headphones were the best.  Sigh.

The original Fuze did not have Folder navigation when it came out either. It was added much later in a firmware update.

SanDisk Guru
fuze_owner-GB

synrgii wrote:

Touch sensor is SO frustrating.  I miss my old Fuze.  It was absolutely perfect.  Even the headphones were the best.  Sigh.

Mmmmm.  Interesting.  Kinda reminds me of this album.....:smileyvery-happy:  :

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Senior User
pdumas7

When playing an audiobook in the old fuse player, you could not restart a file from the beginning with one touch if the screen.  It would take a small amount of intention to backup a few seconds.  With the fuse+ one touch of the screen can restart a file.  This would not be bad for playing music.  But if you are playing a 1-hour podcast or a 30-minute audiobook file this is a disaster.    Left and right arrow should work a fast forward and fast reveres.   A link to the book menu or podcast of the same type should be added to the option page (a tap a the center).  In short make the new player respond just like the old player.  

In a 9 or 21 hour book the times I would want to start at the beginning file is once.  Even if I do not play an audiobook for two weeks I need to start at the same place I was when I stop.

It would also be nice if you could opt out of the last 10 files played option for the music, podcast, and audiobooks via setup.  If I was playing an album, and go play a podcast, and return, I would rather resume the album, not the last 10 songs I have ever played. 

I purchased 4 fuse+ for Christmas.  Two of my daughters think these things are perfect.  They only play music or the radio.  I am happy they are happy.

SanDisk Senior User
pdumas7

Please sort Audiobook files by File name and not title, or make it an option under setup.  Being able to sort by file # would sometimes come in handy but many books do not have this info.   I would still display the file title or also make it optional to display Name or title.

This issue was raised in another request.

SanDisk Senior User
alienkid10

In Playlist sort order force Music go List to be at the top despite other playlist names.

mwright44

I've used the Fuze+ for about a month now, using it exclusively with Rhapsody To Go and here is my feedback:

Pros

-  Gapless playback

-  Great sound (I use it with Klipsch s4 earbuds)

-  Multiple disk albums are correctly displayed in artist view (unlike Fuze)

Cons

-  Device unlocks itself in my pocket very often

-  Album artwork is displayed with a large white border around it.  This is intermittent, a very few albums are OK for every song, most are not (have the white border on all of the songs or some of the songs)

-  After I deleted a Rhapsody channel, and multiple albums, I needed to do a power button reset of the unit about half the time I turned it on, as it would just go to a blank screen and was unresponsive.  It seems to have fixed itself after a couple of weeks.

Overall impression is that I'm disappointed in the device compared to the Fuze.  It feels like there was very little testing done on the device, as the problems I'm experiencing seem really obvious, and I think I'm a relatively typical user.  I'm hopeful that Sandisk will be prompt with some firmware updates that will address these seemingly basic problems.  If that happens, then I'll be very happy with the device.

fsclavo

I bought the fuze+ 8gb a few months ago, and I'm very very very frustrated with the device.

* The tagging reading is flawed, I retag music and sometimes the fuze reads ok, sometimes just "unkown artist".

* The touchpad is terrible! Sometimes works fine, and other ones doesn´t response at all, or too slow.

Honestly, I doesn´t use the fuze+, it's stored in a box, I'm tired of fighting with music tags, unresponsive touchpad, slow performance, erratic behavior, etc.

Regards.

scotthva5

How about an option to turn off some of the sillier UI eye candy? I really don't need to view album art whilst (painfully and slowly) scrolling through my album list nor do I need scroll bars or animated letters telling me the obvious. Honestly the UI is a total mess and is so slow that I now only use it in random mode. If I could find my receipt I'd take this thing back in a flash...

botski

[ Edited ]

The most important request from me would be to make the navigation of this device less than a nightmare and to make the on/off button the lock/unlock function.

Edit - I should add that I am no longer the owner of the Fuze+ because of the navigation issues.  I was tired of fighting the battle and took it back to Best Buy who offered me a refund.  Bought a Sansa Clip on Amazon with my refeund money.  If I would have read the reviews of the Fuze+ before blindly buying it at BB I likely wouldnt have bought it.  However, I have had so many Sansa products in the past that I figured the Fuze+ would be just as good as the rest of them.  Not the case.