SanDisk Guru

Re: Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

SDXC will probably require new hardware and not just a firmware update. While micro SDXC cards might come out in 2011, they will probably be much more expensive than full sized SDXC cards. So in 2011 we may see 64 GB micro SDXC cards, but we may also see 128 GB full sized SDXC cards. It wouldn't surprice me if these  are similar in price.

My biggest complaint about the Fuze+ is that there seems to be no quick and easy way to pause or restart the player while it is in a pocket with the touch controls locked.

Known Issues

• Device  does not record continuously
This is maddening. I spent $90 on this device for the primary purpose of recording from FM. The Fuze+ is a rare device that claims to have this feature. This claim may be technically true - it does record some audio - but the quality is so skippy, the claim is realistically false. Since the latest firmware update does not even address the issue, I am returning the device for a refund.

Folder Option, Loopback and a way to shuffle ALL songs without having to go to the top of the music list.

Why was the folder and loopback taken out anyway? It was one of the most requested firmware update requests on the original Fuze. 

Come On Sandisk.  You were gaining on Apple, but not anymore.

Anton

I just got my new Sansa Fuze+ today! But just little bit disappointment....

1) I can't add my own album art for Flac

2) I can't not choose my start up screen, I want to resume my music when I turn on my fuze+

Other than these~ So far so good, at least better than my e260, support flac without mod

1)  The lock feature.  This is a big issue for me as I constantly lock the device and then put it in my pocket during my commute.  However, it comes unlocked and resets, forwards, or restarts far too often for something called 'locked.'  The lock feature needs to be tied to a hardware button (how about the power button?).  I am very close to returning the device for this reason alone.

2)  Despite having the newest firmware, my music and podcast files almost never resume correctly.

Not really 3)  In the next version, I would prefer the headphone jack on top.  When you have the device in your pocket, it is slightly counterintuitive to have to press the volume buttons when the thing is upside down.

SanDisk User

I agree with your #1.  I have considered returning my Fuze+ because of the locking feature alone.  If the lock feature is fixed, that alone will overshadow some of the other problems I have with the touch pad.  The lock feature has to be fixed, it is simply terrible! 

[ Edited ]

Okay, a really usefull lock function would be nice, but this is not the point I consider to return my fuze+. It is more the two known issues

• Sluggish performance with full library
  • Device sometimes disconnects and reconnects while connecting to PC

which for me is basic functionality which just has to work.

The old fuze worked very well but is was unfortunately stolen from my car and then I decided to buy the newer one with more memory in the assumption to get a player which got the functionality of the old fuze combined with a newer control panel and improved software. But I don't....

I would have really liked the player, but not with this basic problems.

I will wait until next week, if there will be another release of the firmware, but if not, I will return my player Smiley Sad

SanDisk User

would like bookmarking for audiobooks (for all formats)

SanDisk User

Hello and thanks for your work :

Here are a few things to improve

1) lock +1

2) ID3v2.4 to implement... most of the Linux user have their audio library with it take hours to Downgrade it to ID3v2.3

3) the looping main menu is a very good idea

How about visualizations. On the original sansa fuze you had the bars visualization but on this one you dont have any.

you can use the up and down on the touchpad to change between album art view and visualizations its kinda boring just seeing the album art when im listening to music.