Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

FuzionNow wrote:

Tapeworm, you are so very, very, very wrong.

I love it when people read only what they want to see, not what is written. The 3 primary reasons given above for folder navigation requests (on various players) were based on reading hundreds of previous similar requests long before you arrived. It was not an accusation or ‘dissing’ of you in any way, shape or form. Quite the contrary.

The fact that you say you have a very well tagged collection and folder/file hierarchy and that the Fuze+ works as it should with fewer files or less memory space used, but chokes when filled up (or nearly so) supports my claim that your reasons for wanting/needing folder navigation is different than those listed.

You (and Sandro) have a valid claim and right to have this player work as designed at full capacity or any portion thereof. This is definitely something that SanDisk needs to look into and address (at their earliest convenience). I was only saying that your ‘work-around’ suggestion (and the reasoning behind the request) was different, and that most people (and players) can indeed function normally on tag-based systems.

I have a Clip+ 8GB and a 32GB memory card, both filled to the max. It works perfectly and while it came with folder navigation, I have never felt the need (or desire) to use it. You have a different situation; you are asking for it (folder nav.) in order to make up for what appears to be a flaw in the machine itself. This is not a fix; it is a way to get around the problem.

But having said that, it is not going to help your cause by focusing every post (in multiple threads) on the issue and beating the proverbial dead horse. Frankly, it’s getting a bit old. Trust me when I say the appropriate people at SanDisk have seen and heard about the issue, and I’m confident they are working on the issue as we speak. Don’t take the lack of ‘official’ response or comment as ignoring the problem in hopes it will go away, or burying their corporate heads in the sand. The fix may not come as soon as you’d like it, but it will come. Having worked for very large companies in the past, I can tell you the biggest wheels turn the slowest.

Can we move on now?

1 Like