Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

Tapeworm, you are so very, very, very wrong.  I have a well tagged collection.  It is also organized logically in folders by artist and album.  There’s a strategry for mixed artist compilations as well.  I am happy with tagged based play by artist, genre and album.  I am happy with folder based play based on my hierarchy, and I’m quite amenable to flattening it if needed.

But the Sansa Fuze+ cannot do folder based play at all and it cannot do any tag based play beyond artist for a collectoin over 20 gibabytes.  If you’re saying that I have an axe to grind because the Sansa won’t play a 48 Gig collection, which it clearly is supposed to do by the specificatoins… then you are right.   But it needs to be said so that other unwary people don’t lose $200+ on a worthless purchase.  The sharing of information is the power of message boards.   Sansa also has the opportunity to read these requests and there is always the chance that someone at Sansa will do so. 

But I have owned this player in 48 Gig capacity since Sept of 2010 and it is still nonfunctional.  I’m lobbying for folder based play becuase it is simple, efficient, it works and most of all because it is easy for Sansa to implement correctly.   In other words, I’m offering these folks a way out of their issues until they can hire a team with enough talent to emulate an iPod at a level beyond  a screen shot.  All they have to gain from it is huge sales volume, happy customers and ultimately a restoration of their reputation.