Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

+1 on the recognition of the newer version of the id3 tags.

Also, for the love of all that you hold dear, PLEASE add a Play By Album option. I like to put a lot of albums on, and then play them through, a complete album at a time, but playing all of them. Now, I’ve got to shuffle the album, hit back until I get a song from an album close to the beginning, then turn off shuffle and hit back until I’m all the way back to song #1. Not fun, and not a good way to do it.

Thanks,

PRose

when in an artist from the artist menu allow us to swipe/tap left or right to get to a song list and not just list them by album.

Two weeks into owning and 8gb Fuse+ and so far I’d say “not bad”.  I use my device almost exclusievly for audio books, course lectures and old time radio.  The one feature/improvement that would make the most difference is a new method for moving within a song/title when playing.  Isn’t their a way to have a slider like the ipod and many other devices?  Holding down and waiting for the time to scroll forward/backward is painful when you are looking at files of 4, 6 or even 8 hours.

k

add an option to add complete albums to the playlist with a single click

make playlists work - even without windows

24h time format

fix crashes

folder navigation

This device is close to being my favorite mp3 player I’ve ever used.  Here are my suggestions for improving.

Firmware 1.32 added bookmarking for podcasts.  Unfortunately you have to press pause to create a restore point.  It should automatically create a restore point when you pause or even if you start playing something else. Also, if you go into the folder for a specific podcast, if there is a podcast bookmarked, it should automatically jump to and highlight that podcast (the one most previously bookmarked.)  I personally would like the device to bookmark any album or playlist, not just podcasts and audiobooks.  This could be a feature you could allow to be turned on/off if it is unpopular with others.

Allow mp3 (and wma/ogg/etc) audiobooks to show up in the audiobooks section like the fuze did…not as individual “books” for each track.

The touchpad can differentiate between slow and quick swipes, so there should be a way to jump to a time index in a track by sliding across the touchpad.  (I’m okay with having to go to the music/podcast/audiobooks options page to find this “skip to time index” feature.)  It takes much too long to fast forward and rewind a long track.  Alternatively, allow us to jump to a time index by choosing the time similarly to how you set the time for the device in the settings menu.

Add a “rewind 10 seconds” option for podcasts and audiobooks that can be acheived without much fuss.

With all the problems people are having with the controls, I think a simple “undo” would do wonders.  I have accidentally restarted songs/podcasts.  I want to be able to just “undo” that.  Even if it takes a few button presses to get to the “undo” feature it would make me a much happier Fuze+ user.

I’m having a problem where my ogg podcasts don’t properly restore from a bookmark if the device has been cycled off and back on.  Fix this.

Add a “rebuild entire database” option so that when we drag album art to the device (as a folder.jpg) or edit a tag while the file is still on the device and it isn’t recognized we can force it.

I’m just going to add the obligatory, “Just fix the **bleep** interface”… features mean NOTHING if you can’t frikken’ use them… period…

I would like to have the ability to choose the thumbnail image for a video file—either by taking a snapshot during playback, or (even better) by uploading an image to the Fuze+ myself. The SMC seems to like making thumbnails out of the black intro seconds before my videos, and even when it gets an actual picture it’s usually not a great frame. (And the Fuze+ won’t display any thumbnails for some files, including the .mp4 files that are allegedly its preferred video format.)

And yes, I know the “.thm” files are just .jpg with a different extension… but when I tried uploading several of my own thumbnails as a test, only about half of them worked, while the other half caused the associated videos to disappear from the Videos list. Worst of all though, the very act of doing this somehow corrupted many of the other thumbnails in the Videos folder—thumbnails that I didn’t even touch—causing those videos to disappear, too. (This included all of the sample videos that came pre-installed on my Fuze+, too.)

please fix problems about FLAC files

+)some(almost of mine T_T) FLAC files make FUZE+ became “endlessly restart”. The only solution is format the device and microsd card

+) tagging with flac file:  TIST:artist name, you guys should remove “TIST”

Hello,

I’ve my Fuze+ since two days. I really love its design, the sound is great for music, and, for my part, I’ve no problem with the touch pad, which is for me very pleasant, soft and intuitive.

BUT I bought it essentially to listen to podcasts and free audiobooks, and for that use, Fuze+ is a nightmare!

OK, I can rename and re-tag the files to properly order them, even if it was not necessary with my old and unsophisticated MPman. But the worst is I just cannot listen most of these podcasts and audiobooks, because of constant glitches, it is just impossible to listen a book in that conditions. And I cannot re-encode each of them (I listen around 20 hours audiobooks a week, and my pleasure is to listen to them, not to spend my precious time to fiddle with them just to listen to books!). I have chosen the Fuze+ notably for the easy and quick “drag & drop” files on a micro SD, but if the files are just inaudible, it is not a solution.

I also agree with all the users who ask for an efficient bookmarking system in audiobooks and podcasts.

If these two problems are not solved in the next firmware release (I’ve installed the 01.32.00 version), I guess I have to return my purchase to Amazon, and search for another MP3 reader.

Hem… After searching and testing, I’ve understood that the problem I’ve with the glitches in podcats or free audiobooks is caused by… retagging with ID3 tags (throught GodFather, I’m trying MP3tag, perhaps it’s better) to correctly see author and titles in the podcast menu.

So, I know how to solve that: I just need folder browsing, as existing for the earlier Fuze. I hope it will be soon available.

Not working. In any mode.

Here’s what I want to be able to do witht my fuze +. I want to transfer my files (really in whatever mode I want, msc or mtp), So I have my albums organized in that way. Then, after files are transferred to the fuze, I just want to be able to create a playlist from the files that are already there. Nothing, not even Media Monkey, has been able to do this for me. I’ve even tried writing my own files from scratch, mpu and pla. Not having the ability to do this makes the device a fail for me, and I will get rid of it and move on unless the parsing ability can be corrected. I mean, even my phone can read mpu lists I feed it (don’t say why don’t you just use your phone, I choose to have a dedicated music player)

“I just want to be able to create a playlist from the files that are already there.”

I can do that just fine with Windows 7

I connect in MTP mode and when the device enumerates, I click browse files and choose either internal or external storage (depending on where my music is).

Navigate to my song files and select one or more files either by left click or ctrl left click.  Once my files are selected, I right click and choose create playlist.  This automatically creates a .pla playlist in the same folder.  I can then rename the play list to what I want. 

After that, I am able to add more music by opening the playlist and choosing the “references” tab and will see the contents of the play list.  I leave this window open and then navigate to other folders in my player and select additional files and then “drag” the selected files into the music list in the “references” tab and it adds the songs.  I can also use this tab to re-order tracks.

Once I have finalized the list, I simply then cut and paste that playlist in the playlist folder in the internal storage.

One cool thing about the .pla format is that it can contain content from both the internal and external memory and I don’t have to have the playlist in the same directory as it was created.  I can also use both .mp3 and subscription .wma tracks as well.

All of this is done without once opening Windows Media Player.

I believe this capability is available on Windows XP and above.

Hope this helps.  I found this tip elsewhere and boy does it make playlist creation and management a breeze.  And I can do it all on the player when it’s plugged in in MTP mode.

Now I’m creating playlists to set up “live” sets from various albums, merge albums (like a big Shrek playlist of all 4 movies), or re-order VH1’s 100 greatest “whatever” to countdown from 100 to 1.

It’s awesome.

I bought the fuze+ a few weeks back because I was travelling and left my old fuze at work. By the time I returned from my trip, I was gathering the reciept and ready to take it back. It looked good, sounded good but listening to audiobooks was a nightmare with the new touch controls and the lock button. As I gathered my receipt and put it back in the package I flashed back to my old Fuze and remembered it was pretty clunky too. After a series of updates, it has become an awesome audiobook player. One of the best. So, I kept my fuze+. Thank you for updating and for reading this forum for the user ideas which were very good.I look forward to seeing where you take this one and I love the purple (which is why I bought it over some other brand the store guy tried to sell me.) I’m glad I kept it now.

db-1959

The latest firmware, build 02.36.03, has an inproved lock feature, using the top power button instead of the touchpad.  It should be available via the Sansa Updater soon, but manual installation is a snap.

There is a newer version now available, build 02.37.01, with further refinements.  To use the new lock feature, press the top button for about one-half second.  Same process for the unlock.  The latest build improved performance of the volume buttons when locked (they now work when locked), plus the audiobook / podcast section has been expanded. -microsansa

Being able to click the touchpad on and off makes the player much easier to work with.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all:

I have the Fuze and I have it in 24 hour format.I would very much prefer to confgure the clock as I prefer.

I would also like to have the option to configure the date for NORTH AMERICA both in  DD/MM/YY YYYY/MM/DD (the ISO format) as well as the ‘English’ date format.

xavier

Create an “undo” method of sorts.  It’s all too easy to be listening to a long podcast and accidentally press back or forward.  I’ve somehow managed to do this while going to lock the device (I actually assume the case I have it in is part of the problem here…I grab on both sides to hold it in place while I reach for the power button and the rubber moves in just enough for the Fuze+ to detect a button press.)

I really don’t want to blame this on the case though, and I am okay with the device thinking I pressed such a button on occasion, but a simple undo would help so much.

This is the second post I’ve made on this topic, but I had an additional thought.

Now that the “press play button for 2 seconds” no longer locks the device, maybe it could bring up a list of tracks and time indexes for us to choose from.  Each time you navigate away from a track, or even start it over, the track and time index it was on before navigating away or starting over goes onto a stack.  Keeping 5 entries on the stack at a time would allow us to find where we left off even if there were a handfull of button-press accidents (such as it being in your pocket while unlocked or something).  This implimentation idea is just one of many though.  I really just want an “undo” any way I can get it.

Thanks for listening to the customers!

Maybe these have been brought up, maybe not:

• When scrolling from Music (far left) to Settings (far right), can it be set to bounce back to Music if you are at Settings?  So you’d swipe from right to left while on Settings to go back to Music (and vice versa if you’re on Music), so that the Menu is a loop?  It’d be much easier to navigate!

• Having the ability to create/save custom EQ’s for say headphones, car, computer, etc so that it is easy to quickly change.  I find that since my car’s stereo is much better than the earbuds I use, tweaking the EQ each time can be a pain to do everytime you switch outputs.

If any of these are possible already, just let me know!

I think that the issues that keep coming up such as sluggish UI, looped menus and folder navigation should be focussed on and fixed first, then start working on all these “extras” that people would like to have implemented.

Folder Navigation would be great. I have noticed 2 other things that I think should be improved.

1. When creating a playlist the enter button must be pressed and held for a second and then pressed and held for another 2 seconds. Or you scroll to your selection wait 3 seconds and then press and hold enter. I think that it would be quicker for the user to simply make your selection, then press and hold enter for a full second.

2. Sometimes when copying a flac folder to music, the song selections are in reverse order of what they should be. For example song 5 is 1st, song 4 is 2nd, etc. Note these flac songs have no artist, album or genre info. It seems to happen when I have say more then 20 songs (not sure about the # though) already copied over. I haven’t noticed it happening when the music folder was previously empty. Perhaps this issue will resolve itself once Folder Navigation has been implemented.

The combination of those 2 issues can drive me crazy when I am trying to listen to a piece of music in it’s natural order.

Thanks for the latest upgrade.

Glenn

Apart from Folder Navigation I would like the Rockbox “Crossfeed” effect. The sound from each channel is fed to the other with a time delay (your brain ignores it) to give a “Speaker” like listening experience.