Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

@morrismpls wrote:

Now that I’m an old man, a lot of the music I download or import from CDs have many similar names for the albums like “Greatest Hits” or “Ultimate Collection.”  When I select under the “Album” menu option I get all the songs from the album I want plus 6 others from other albums of the same name.

Here’s an example:  I recently bought the Michael McDonald “Ultimate Collection” CD.  I have two songs from Jeffrey Osborne’s “Ultimate Collection” CD and three from Eurythmic’s “Ultimate Collection” CD that I downloaded.  When I select the “Ultimate Collection” album I get ALL of them in one list.

It’s especially irritating because on the Michael McDonald CD, there are several songs that are duets so the artist is listed as “Michael McDonald and Anita Baker” and some are listed “The Doobie Brothers” for his Doobie Brothers songs.  As a result I can’t just go to “Artist” of Michael McDonald and select that album because I’ll only get two-thirds of the tracks.

So the ONLY way to listen to this CD from beginning to end without any other songs is to create a separate playlist.  I’d REALLY like an MP3 player smart enough to know what’s on each album for albums with common names.

I have also run into this problem.  What you’ll have to do to keep the songs with the same album name (but from different artists/groups)  from being thrown together is to get a tag editor like MP3Tag.  It’s a good, easy-to-use free program and it’ll allow you to change the names of the albums so that each album’s songs will stay separate from other album’s songs.  You can also change the title, genre, and other info to whatever it is that you choose.  Don’t have a link to the program’s download site right now.

Using MP3Tag, what I did was to add the artist’s or group’s name to the album name, like, “Michael McDonald Ultimate Collection”.    You can also make changes in the artist name field, such as, changing what’s in the artist’s name field from “Michael McDonald and Anita Baker” to just “Michael McDonald” for all the songs in that album.

MP3Tag will let you make any changes to the various fields, or tags, at once, for an entire album.

By the way,  “Age is just a state of mind.”  Our bodies may get older, but our minds don’t have to.

edit – you can download MP3Tag here.