Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

I have a feature request. Something that iTunes and iPods can do that I hate that other players don’t seem to have this option.

Basically, I would like the ability to group songs in the playlist with other songs so that even on shuffle those particular songs will play back to back. This is an issue because I have a number of songs that are intros to the one after them, so they’re meant to play back to back. Also, classical music is divided in to movements which are separate tracks, and when on shuffle you end up getting bits and pieces of the whole scattered around. The only current option is to manually put them together in one file, but then the titles are wrong since each track or movement has a different name. It’s not an overly difficult feature, but for some reason it is one that most manufacturers and software writers seem to overlook that is very useful.

@keonyn wrote:

I have a feature request. Something that iTunes and iPods can do that I hate that other players don’t seem to have this option.

Basically, I would like the ability to group songs in the playlist with other songs so that even on shuffle those particular songs will play back to back. This is an issue because I have a number of songs that are intros to the one after them, so they’re meant to play back to back. Also, classical music is divided in to movements which are separate tracks, and when on shuffle you end up getting bits and pieces of the whole scattered around. The only current option is to manually put them together in one file, but then the titles are wrong since each track or movement has a different name. It’s not an overly difficult feature, but for some reason it is one that most manufacturers and software writers seem to overlook that is very useful.

it basically means that an element of a playlist shouldn’t only be a song, but another playlist as well.

If you were able to reference another playlist from within a playlist, wouldn’t the files in the referenced playlist still just be shuffled with the rest?

As far as I know iTunes is the only software that supports this feature, but I could be wrong. In iTunes you can select 2 or more files and group/link them so that they’re always kept together in shuffle play and always play in that order. When the software/player shuffles the library it treats those grouped songs as a single song, more or less. I would think if a playlist was referenced from another playlist it would just pull the songs out of it and shuffle them with the rest. Then again the Fuze+ doesn’t let you do that anyways, so who knows.

I really don’t like Apple and I don’t care for iTunes, and while the Sansa’s can do everything else I need, I must admit that this is one feature that they do do that would be nice if the Sansa’s could as well.

@keonyn wrote:

If you were able to reference another playlist from within a playlist, wouldn’t the files in the referenced playlist still just be shuffled with the rest?

Yep, you are right… There should be some kind of a check-box for a playlist, smth. like “Allow Shuffle”.

One more thing I’d like to see (in addition to folder navigation & 24h time):

I’d like the main menu to be looped. It’s annoying to swipe all the way through top-level choices to get, e.g. from Music to Settings & vice versa. 

It would be nice if I could play all of the Albums by a Artist or group in order instead one at a time.

Not sure if this is there on the Sansa Fuze+, but since I havent seen it, I think there should be a Recently Added playlist. I used that feature alot on my original Sansa Fuze. 

@barber76 wrote:

I’d like the main menu to be looped. It’s annoying to swipe all the way through top-level choices to get, e.g. from Music to Settings & vice versa. 

Overall, I really like the fuze+; but, yeah…that is one little thing that would improve the functionality of the player for me as well.

Yes, I second this.  The main menu should definitely loop instead of having to go back and forth.  

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/How-would-you-improve-the-fuze/td-p/207310

For scrolling down lists, instead of having to flick over and over, then overshoot and have to inch your way towards the song, the up and down were constant as long as you held your finger there and the speed at which it scrolls would vary depending on how far your finger is from the center

My understanding is that the flicking system touch interaction isn’t that responsive because otherwise the fuze would be doing all sorts of crazy things if you held it in your pocket, so the touch system is abit delayed intially, so stopping where you want is a pain in the ass

Locking the fuze should just be a tap of the power button, instead of holding the play button. Or it automatically locks once your backlight turns off, and then make the unlock process a bit quicker. The animation is very slow for the lock. Could have it like the (i think zune?) where you just slide up and a cover-ish thing moves with you, and once its pushed off the screen the device is unlocked.

Also, the scroll selection white bar should be smooth, instead of having to flick from song name to song name, just have it settle down on a song name and have it smoothly interact with song names when you scroll, so it looks smoother. It looks especially choppy when the scrolliing slows down

Finally, album art always has annoying bars if your album art sizing isn’t perfect. So why not just have it be transparent and adjust to fit any picture size? I can’t imagine this being very hard to implement from my basic coding knowledge for skinning gaming devices.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@barber76 wrote:

Overall, I really like the fuze+; but, yeah…that is one little thing that would improve the functionality of the player for me as well.

I believe I read somewhere that this will be added in a future firmware update. The orginal Fuze when it first came out did not have wrap-around scrolling either (at least not in the ‘lists’). It was a real pain to scroll through a long Artist list and not be able to continue on to A from Z :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@barber76 wrote:

I believe I read somewhere that this will be added in a future firmware update. The orginal Fuze when it first came out did not have wrap-around scrolling either (at least not in the ‘lists’). It was a real pain to scroll through a long Artist list and not be able to continue on to A from Z :smiley:

Good to hear…Let’s hope that it happens.  Not that I’m in the least unhappy with the fuze+ as it is now, but a looping scrolling design would make the product even better…:smiley:

I agree the music lists take too long to load…

I only have 228 and it takes a minute to load each list.

I use my Fuze + primarily to listen to Talk Radio Podcasts. These podcasts are from one to two hours in length.

The Fuze + easily unlocks itself and resets the Podcast I was listening to at the beginning. I would like the

system to have a resume feature as I have seen on the videos which will make it start where it left off. In fact, the resume

feature should apply to music and any other file being played.

resume was improved with the latest firmware. Unfortunately i do not think it would help if the files is restarted.

i would like to see the lock feature moved to tapping the power button then swiping the touch pad. i think this would prevent accidental unlocking. 

Echoing many others:

1. Change the lock feature.  I favor the idea to use the power button for lock/unlock, but using the play/pause button for both lock/unlock would be better than swiping to unlock.  It would also be nice to have the option to auto-lock when the screen goes dark.

2. Better scrolling.  When swiping through a list, a center tap should immediately stop the scrolling without selecting anything.  Would love to see some sort of alphabet selection in scrolling, like slowly dragging down would go take you through the alphabet so you can go directly to a specific letter.  The letters already pop up as I scroll, but if I’m swiping, I haven’t found a way to stop quickly when I see the letter I want.

3. Loop menus around.

4. Recently Added Playlist.  I loved that feature on previous players I’ve owned.

Pardon a stupid question:  I’ve seen others mention SDXC cards and that they would have liked a full size SD slot to accomodate these extremely high capacity cards; I googled microSDXC, and what I found seemed to be rumors from 2009.  Does anyone know if/when we could expect to see microSDXC cards on the market?  If such a thing will be available in the next year or so, is it likely that the Fuze+ will be updated to be compatible?

Just got it yesterday, so I’m still playing around with it, but these are the things I noticed immediately.  I’m currently testing out the battery life, because immediately upon unplugging from my computer, the charge indicator dropped slightly from full.  I’m going into hour 26 of continuous play, so I guess it must not be anything to worry about!

SDXC will probably require new hardware and not just a firmware update. While micro SDXC cards might come out in 2011, they will probably be much more expensive than full sized SDXC cards. So in 2011 we may see 64 GB micro SDXC cards, but we may also see 128 GB full sized SDXC cards. It wouldn’t surprice me if these  are similar in price.

My biggest complaint about the Fuze+ is that there seems to be no quick and easy way to pause or restart the player while it is in a pocket with the touch controls locked.

Known Issues

• Device  does not record continuously

This is maddening. I spent $90 on this device for the primary purpose of recording from FM. The Fuze+ is a rare device that claims to have this feature. This claim may be technically true - it does record some audio - but the quality is so skippy, the claim is realistically false. Since the latest firmware update does not even address the issue, I am returning the device for a refund.

Folder Option, Loopback and a way to shuffle ALL songs without having to go to the top of the music list.

Why was the folder and loopback taken out anyway? It was one of the most requested firmware update requests on the original Fuze. 

Come On Sandisk.  You were gaining on Apple, but not anymore.

Anton

I just got my new Sansa Fuze+ today! But just little bit disappointment…

1. I can’t add my own album art for Flac

2. I can’t not choose my start up screen, I want to resume my music when I turn on my fuze+

Other than these~ So far so good, at least better than my e260, support flac without mod