Fuze 8GB - 8GB SDHC loaded with files, Fuze can't see them

I loaded a number of files onto the SDHC card via drag & drop with the Fuze connected to the pc.  The Fuze can see the card is there, it shows me that the capacity is reduced via ‘info’ so it knows it’s not empty, and it created the folders on the card when it was first inserted.  However, and here’s teh rub, it can’t see any of the files on the disk.  If I try to get to them via folders the external card shows as empty…

Would really appreciate any help - I’m going into hospital tomorrow and was hoping to load up my card to keep me sane!:neutral_face:

Many thanks

Are the files of a supported format? MP3, WMA (NOT Pro or Lossless), FLAC, or OGG?

Hi there, I have the same issue

it happened when fuze was connected for the first time to the computer and the “internal memory” of fuze was displayed where i copied MP3 type files to the internal memory folder.

the internal memory folder was also dispalying the built in music files that comes with sansa - which I don’t see later when I connect sansa from the second time onwards

even me wants to remove these files but can’t

help appreciated from sansa ‘guru’

Hijax, that’s a different problem. Go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and change it to MTP. You need Windows Media Player 10 or 11 on your computer to see those files.

hijax wrote:

it happened when fuze was connected for the first time to the computer and the “internal memory” of fuze was displayed where i copied MP3 type files to the internal memory folder.

the internal memory folder was also dispalying the built in music files that comes with sansa - which I don’t see later when I connect sansa from the second time onwards

Most likely your player is set to Auto Defect mode. It will change its connection depending on various conditions. When you first connected and the ‘internal memory’ was displayed in Explorer, it was connected in MTP mode. It was also listed under Other in Explorer, wasn’t it?

Now, when you connect, I’ll bet your device is shown under Devices With Removable Storage in Explorer and you see 2 new drives, both with their own drive letter, right? This is indicative on MSC mode, and thus the computer cannot ‘see’ the files loaded in the other mode. Confusing? You bet. Hence the reason not to use the Auto setting.

The only way around this is to format your player, removing all added content, manually selecting either MTP or MSC mode (depending on your intended usage) and then re-loading everything. 

Yes they are wma files

WMA Pro and WMA Lossless also have the file extension .wma. But the Fuze doesn’t play them. Get the free Gspot Codec Information Appliance from here and use it to see what the actual file type is. 

The file formats are fine as they play if I load them to the internal memory. 

I have managed to ‘force’ the break point thus;

I formatted the player and the sdhc card.

I added tracks to the sdhc - the fuze can see them

I added tracks to the internal memory - the fuze can see them and those on the card

I add more tracks to the internal memory and then suddenly the internal card tracks cannot be seen and under folders it is showing as empty (although in system settings, info it can see the card and it’s capacity etc)

I delete the most recent tracks - sdhc is visible again - temporarily

Add some more tracks - sdhc files not accessible

Delete them again - SDHC files still not accessible - whicyh is the point at which I have given up.

In total I have spent close to 20 hours trying to get this thing to work and can only now assume that it is faulty.  I love the player but can only look at returning it for a refund as I can’t face this haslle with another one…  A huge disappointment…

Could bery well be a defective Fuze, but since your problems lie with files on the card (if I’m reading your post correctly) you should also consider the card suspect. It could be bad, or counterfeit. Did you just buy it recently or have you had it a while? Did you buy it on-line?

Could very well be a defective Fuze, but since your problems lie with files on the card (if I’m reading your post correctly) you should also consider the card suspect. It could be bad, or counterfeit. Did you just buy it recently or have you had it a while? Did you buy it on-line?

I’m guessing it may be the card as well. A faulty card does more than just “not work”, sometimes it really screws things up. What brand card is it? There are counterfits around that have numerous problems. It’s worth a little more troubleshooting to determine or eliminate this cause.