Fuze 2GB-Blank Screen, but still can play tunes?

I have a C-200, and a sansa 2GB FUZE.

The FUZE suddendly showed a blank page, when i powered it on. For menory and if i’m lucky enough to fine the MUSIS setting, then navigate down two spots to Artists, thren maybe i can find something to play. 

WHAT CAUSES THIS BLANK SCREEN AND CAN I GET IT BACK TO THE WINDOW AGAIN?  I’ve downloaded the latest firmware, charged it up all the way from computer, as much as I can tell, without knowing. This reminds me of my classic 5th gen ipod that also will not power up anymore, so I guess that’s fried too.

While i’m here, is there anyway to clean the window from all the scratches that has accumilated over the last two years? I try to be very careful but just can’t help it.

The C-200 took a dive and i can not see anything on the screen but a few weird colors, and i can not navigate anywhere,but if i spend some time, i could finally get something to play, but it’s no fun looking for songs i’d rather listen to.

suddendly ?

was this after you turned it on ?

because i think its strange that you would try and use it if you never seen the start up screen.

if this was during start up try and reboot the device.

i got a black screen problem before randomly basicly and the only thing that helped

me was plugging it into windows and uninstalling the device and installing again

(install is automatic of course one plugged in)

Then after that i never head a problem again.

I can’t rememebr what i did but it was my fault for screwing with device i think.

I have done a LOT of stuff with my FUZE+ such as I installed Hirens BootCD

on a mem card and fixed a PC with it etc

Anyway you might wanna try a different usb port too

And check with “Nirsoft USBDeview” for extended usb info ?

you never said what operating system you have used or what software etc

And is it a Fuze or a Fuze+ ?

Bonzojim17 asked - * While i’m here, is there anyway to clean the window from all the scratches that has accumilated over the last two years? I try to be very careful but just can’t help it. *

I haven’t tried this so I’m not recommending it, just making you aware of it - applesauce scratch remover.

i’ve tried a ton of methods but nothing has worked very well so far.

Isopropenyl 99%

Toothpaste

Brasso & Silvo

Expensive high grade fine grit sand paper (1,000+ grit)

• too many others to mention

i bought scratch free clothes for testing too.

i’ve spend days rubbing the thing and the result was minor at best.

i will be trying again at some point though when i get motivated.

but when i do i’m planning on doing some tests on an old scratched cell phone.

Just to be safe with some crazy ideas lol

applesauce ? never heard of that one :o

I got some idea by googe’ing for “ipod scratch remover”

* applesauce ? never heard of that one *

If it doesn’t work, you can always put it on your chips. :smiley:

@bonzojim17 wrote:

While i’m here, is there anyway to clean the window from all the scratches that has accumilated over the last two years? I try to be very careful but just can’t help it.

You might might some value in this thread .