Firmware won't update

I’m trying to upgrade my Fuze to the latest Firmware with no luck.When I use the updater it tells me that I can update the latest User Manual but the latest Firmware isn’t visible.I also installed the two files to the Fuze’s root directory but that didn’t work either.I’ve tried it with all of the USB modes  MTP,MSC and Auto Detect.Sandisk support is next to useless and keep sending me back to the same support links.

Thank you

What is your current firmware version, and what version are you trying to update to? If you’re trying to upgrade from a firmware beginning with “01” to one beginning with “02”, you can’t. The “02” firmware is for a Fuze with slightly different internal components, and will not work (or even install) on an “01” device.

1 Like

@gwk1967 wrote:

What is your current firmware version, and what version are you trying to update to? If you’re trying to upgrade from a firmware beginning with “01” to one beginning with “02”, you can’t. The “02” firmware is for a Fuze with slightly different internal components, and will not work (or even install) on an “01” device.

Or vicey-versa. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank for your help.I have the 01 version so I can’t have the 02 version on my player.That explains everything.

Thanks again