External memory card update on plug in

i m using rapsody to manage my 4gb fuze , i am using a 32 gb micro card ,every time i  turn on rapsody and plug the usb  to transfer files it takes like 45 minutes to update the memory is there any way to get around this so i dont have to wait to start.

It may be having trouble with some of the tags on your files. When it can’t read a tag it slows down. This can happen if you have tags with non-Western characters, tags that were made in Mac rather than Windows, tags that have long Comments or huge imbedded art, etc.

If that’s the problem there may be  an easy fix. Download the free program mp3tag. http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

When you install it, check the box to add to context menus as it installs.

Open it and go to Tools/Options/Tags/Mpeg and set Write to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.  (That just means Windows-style character display.) Those are the tags the Fuze likes.

Connect the 32GB card to the computer, either in the Fuze or in a reader, and navigate to where the files are. You can possibly  do them all at once, though 32GB is a lot of files, so I’d do them in smaller batches–maybe 10 albums at a time? 

Select the folders in Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer), right-click, choose mp3tag and it should show all the mp3 files.

If you see <keep> in the Comments field,  click that box and choose  <blank> from the menu. Some people put encyclopedias in the Comments field, and it’s fine if you want them that way on your computer, but not in the copies on the Fuze.

Highlight them, click File and Save Tag, and it will blank the Comments and  make the tags ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.  If it works with 10 albums, try doing more at once.

This can’t hurt, and there’s a good chance it will help  It’s harder to extract big imbedded art, and you’d have to go album by album for that, so report back if this fix works.

thanks for the tips will give it a try when i have some x-tra time