External Speakers for your Fuze

If you have visited Best Buy you may have seen it.  It is a tube shaped and made for an Ipod Nana

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8944431&type=product&id=1218027079544&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8944431

This is the link.

It is for sale for less than $7.00 and only requires you to cut the plastic away from the top of the insert to fit your Fuze  on it.  I cut all of the slot plastic as it is just not big enough for the Fuze and even if it was you did not want to interfere with the thumbwheel and the on off switch. You can use a small tooth hacksaw blade or a sharp knife. Works great for me and am listening to it all the time.  Good deal with a little mod.

Apparently you haven’t seen the already existing 1,372,641 warnings and cautions here AGAINST using any device or accessory made for the Pod with anything made by SanDisk.

They are wired completely differently and plugging a Sansa player into a port designed for the Pod will fry your Sansa like a strip of bacon!

Did someone just say…bacon!!

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

Apparently you haven’t seen the already existing 1,372,641 warnings and cautions here AGAINST using any device or accessory made for the Pod with anything made by SanDisk.

They are wired completely differently and plugging a Sansa player into a port designed for the Pod will fry your Sansa like a strip of bacon!

This item must use the headphone jack with a cable. I think the dock does not connect. If it did, like you said, it would have toasted the Fuze. The iPod and Sansa dock connectors are also physically different in how they key and align.

Warning #: 1,372,642.

Tapeworm.

Take a moment and look at the product.  It does not contain a connector like IPOD just a 3mm headphone jack in a slot.

If connecting to a headphone jack fries the Fuze then shame on all of us.

You seem to respond like a bunch of people I know.  Shoot from the hip before you see what you are shooting at and what with.

@marquis6461 wrote:

Tapeworm.

Take a moment and look at the product.  It does not contain a connector like IPOD just a 3mm headphone jack in a slot.

If connecting to a headphone jack fries the Fuze then shame on all of us.

You seem to respond like a bunch of people I know.  Shoot from the hip before you see what you are shooting at and what with.

Well, you seem to know much more about the product from 1st-hand experience than what is told (or isn’t) on the website you linked to.

Matter of fact, I took 2 moments to look at your link before I responded. The picture show an iPod ‘docked’ or sitting in the molded receptacle. The picture is rather small and no where does it show or explain that this can be used or connected via the headphone jack.

So please forgive me for caring enough to warn you (and anyone else reading this thread) about the potential damage to your Sansa player. I seem to forget at times that most ‘newbies’ know so much more than I and repeatedly take offense at being cautioned against seemingly unknown hazards.

I’ll be sure to keep my fat yap shut when I see you crossing the street with your earbuds in and that bus is bearing down on you!

It is because I saw it in Best Buy and was able to see what was needed to be done.  Most of the others that are sold in the store want twenty dollars or more and had an external headphone jack or a short jack to plug into the Fuze.

This one was great because it also can draw power from your USB to run your speakers or plug the batteries in.  Mine runs for a long time.  A lot longer than the twenty dollar versions.

I only mentioned it because I bought the expensive version and then found the cheap one.

Sorry if I came across as dumb, I read your post warning about buying the machines with an IPOD connection.  That they don’t work with a Fuze.  That seems to be Best Buys biggest selling ticket for the IPODS that they have the corner on all items with docks and Fuze doesn’t have any.

I have a similar set of speakers by the same company only the “dock” is on the front (to me a true “dock” would also charge the Fuze, but it does allow you to connect to the speakers directly rather than use a cable).  Like what was said, the Fuze is connected through the phone jack.  Though on mine I probably should do some relieving of the plastic, but I just press my Fuze in a bit hard and it fits OK.  No scratches to my Fuze or any ill effects that I can see.  My only complaint with the speakers is not the speakers themselves but that I wasted so many MyCoke Rewards points on it.  Since the pictures I was able to pull up on it did not give any details on scale, I was hoping the speakers were larger.  That said, they work pretty well and are portable, just not worth the 1000 points which worked out to almost $30 when converted to Rhapsody credit.

Caveat emptor.

The first line of the description says “Enjoy clear audio from your Apple® iPod® or other line-in audio device with this portable speaker system that delivers up to 4 watts of power for crisp, clear sound.”

No one needed to fly off the handle.