Docking Station for Sansa Fuze

Well, I got the SDAMX-BST docking station to use with my 8GB Fuze and gave it a try yesterday.  The mechanical adapters did not work with the Fuze (as expected since they are for the e-series only).  The Fuze did plug into the docking station without any mechanical adapter on the base station.  The power button on the remote works, the play/pause button works, the track advance and reverse works - and so does the volume up and down.  This last point was a disappointment to me.  I thought the docking station would have a true line-out signal coming from the Fuze.  It appears the line-out is only an amplified version of the headphone output.  I was hoping to use this to listen to my player through my stereo system, but the line-out signal is too weak and way too flat (complete lack of amplitude for low frequency/mid-range frequency signals).  I had to turn the volume on the Fuze almost all the way up to get any real signal strength out of it and even then the audio stage was lacking.  I was hoping it would be a true high level line-out with good quality audio, but looks like I will be using this only for small desktop speakers at best.  Another discouraging thing is that I also purchased the Griffin docking station for the Fuze at the same time as I purchased the SDAMX-BST (since the Griffin docking station was only $15 and will soon be discontinued, I thought I might as well get it too) and it is no better.  The Griffin dock is also an amplified headphone out signal.  The worst part about the Griffin dock is the fact the internal amplifier saturates at a volume on the Fuze at around 5/8 volume and can not provide any additional amplitude to the line-out.  The Griffin also lacks the audio clarity I was hoping for so now I am stuck scratching my head trying to find a good way of getting high level line-out audio into my stereo from any mp3 player.  I hope this helps clear up some details about these two docking stations.