DIY Line Out Cable - Works!

@Allah wrote:

Don’t count on it being turned on. With it fixed it is pegged at the best possible signal the Fuzz can produce. Also, this will discourage people from connecting low impedance loads to the lineout jacks which if too low may cook something in the player. Remember, electronic components work fine as long as you keep the smoke inside them. If you let the smoke out, they are dead!

I may be wrong, but I think the Sansa Dock has it’s own amp. So the remote probably runs the internal amp and the lineout level can be fixed without causing functional problems.

I’m not sure I follow you 1412.  What kind of low impedance load might be plugged into the dock?  I just want to be able to use the sleep function on the Fuze and a headphone from the dock, without having to fire up an external amp or connect it to a stereo and then leave them on all night after the Fuze shuts itself off.

axon

Edit:  just to say that if the Sansa Dock has a built in amplifier, it better be a really good one or there goes the sound quality…  and I believe I read that the Sansa Dock controls the volume from the e200.  Besides, the whole dock, with a remote, only costs $50.  So how good could the amp part be?  The last thing I would want to do is run my Fuze through a cheap amp and then into one of my headphone amps or a stereo system.

Message Edited by axon01 on 12-21-2008 04:17 AM