DIY Line Out Cable - Works!

skinjob, I don’t think the firmware change to fixed level will help. It simply won’t be adjustable anymore. It will still be .7 v rms p-p which is the lineout spec for home equipment. The problem seems to be with input impedance on devices that people connect to. They seem to vary quite a bit. Car stereos and boomboxes are probably all over the place. Home receivers should be quite constant at around 10-20k ohm. axon gets good level when connected to a receiver, but many people get low level when connecting to car stereos using the Fuze headphone out. I have to do some testing with my old Panasonic portable cd player that has a true lineout jack and see how it drives various device inputs. Also, a thought, I’ll connect my Sansa View with a lineout cable and see how it drives some various inputs. I’ll see if I can find somebody with an aux in in their car for some tests. I don’t have a car stereo with a front panel mini aux in jack, my older Kenwood has rear panel rca line in which I have extended to jacks mounted on the dash face.

The View cables I bought on ebay are the ones that roll up on a recoiler (got 2 for $7 shipped). I did not open the connector end because I could see no needed contacts in the 30 pin connector. The Sansa cable snaps apart. Other cables may be molded or heat staked and may break when seperated. You have to glue them back together.