Curse of the red dot solved.....sort of....

Well, I’m still trying to talk to Rhapsody about this issue.

My player has still has a similar issue.  In this case, Rhapsody still thinks the last time I synced was Feb 10, 2012 and it never updates this data, so it writes an expired subscriptioninfo.xml file.

Of course I get the run around because very few in Rhapsody even know how PFS works.  (If you want to know, do a google search on “Rhapsody_Ready_Optimized_PFS_TestKit_1.0.5.pdf” and you will get a test document that tests all you would ever want to know about how devices sync with Rhapsody.

Be aware, this document will not allow you to extend your actual licenses.  The license files attached to subscription tracks is still very proprietary, so this can’t be used to circumvent any DRM, so it’s not “illegal” to have.

Until Rhapsody can call me and tell me why their Rhapsody client (either locally or through their subscription servers) refuses to write a proper subscriptioninfo.xml file, I’ll just have to hack my way through it.

BTW.  If you resync, there is the possibility that your client will reinstall an expired subscriptioninfo.xml file again, so you have to re-edit it.

It’s a pretty small thing to do once a month, but I plan to stay on their butt until they can provide me a good answer.