SanDisk Guru

Re: Convert .wav to mp3

mags1230 wrote:
I have some recordings in wav that I was going to convert to mp3.  What makes OGG a better format?  Does it create a smaller file size?

OGG is not BETTER it is DIFFERENT. I recently converted over 100,000 songs to OGG from Mp3. I did it because I (I have a very well trained ear) could hear an improvement in sound quality and the files were smaller, so I could put more files on my Fuze. If you are just a novice listener or are in general happy with the way your fuze works now as well as the sound quality, dont mess with it.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Guru

I am a novice to this.  Should I still convert it to mp3?

SanDisk Guru

Thats up to you. I am not gonna tell you one way or the other. I prefer mp3 over wave or other formats, other than ogg but ogg is a bit harder to deal with.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

When I recorded a song it created WAV file.  I have no problem to play it.  My problems is that I can not play MP3 file after I copied into the same directory as WAV file.  I thought Sandisk Sansa.clip+ works only for mp3.  it did not create WAV file.  What should I do now. I like to hear the MP3 file at the same Sandisk.  Please help.  Thanks.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Make sure the file is on the Sansa.  

Hit the Home button and click to get to Music, then Folders and make sure the mp3 file is actually in there. 

It has to be mp3 (or other formats the Sansa plays)--not Apple's m4a or other formats.

You can also try putting the mp3 in a different folder. The most straightfoward way to do that is go to Settings/System Settings/USB and choose MSC. Connect the Sansa and it will show up as two drives: the unit's internal memory and the card slot (Removable Disk).  Make a folder on one of those drives and copy the mp3 into it, then use Folders to find it.