Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
leeboy475

Connecting A Sandisk Player To An Ipod Dock

[ Edited ]

I have just purchased a new car which has an Apple Ipod dock in but no auxillary point - I therefore cannot use my Sansa!  Does anyone know whether there is an interface lead that will allow me to connect via the Apple Ipod dock?..............................

SanDisk Guru
Black-Rectangle

Re: Sansa Fuze

In a word, no. Obviously you should exchange the car. :smileyhappy:

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

No, there is not.

SanDisk Guru
JK98

SanDisk Guru
JK98
SanDisk Guru
Black-Rectangle

First one is discontinued. But that's interesting, the second one turns the iPod doc into an AUX-in.

SanDisk Guru
JK98

At the first link they said a new model of the Universal Dock Adapter called the Dockboss+ will be out at the end of September.

They are both made by the same company. The difference is that the Universal Dock Adapter and  Dockboss+ provide a usb connection for charging and data as well as audio, while the Dockboss only provides audio. When searching the net for Dockboss+, I found pages saying that the Dockboss+ has a micro USB male connector as well as an audio connector, while The Universal dock adapter has a female standard usb jack and an audio connector.

For the Fuze, the Dockboss is the best choice. For power, he could get a separate car usb charger. Finding an adapter cable that goes from female micro usb to female usb probably won't be easy. All the micro usb adapters I have seen have a male micro usb connector.