Connecting A Sandisk Player To An Ipod Dock

I have just purchased a new car which has an Apple Ipod dock in but no auxillary point - I therefore cannot use my Sansa!  Does anyone know whether there is an interface lead that will allow me to connect via the Apple Ipod dock?..

In a word, no. Obviously you should exchange the car. :slight_smile:

No, there is not.

I guess you want this.

http://www.cablejive.com/universal_dock_adapter.html

Or this. http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dockBoss-Smart-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B004UG7RQ0/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0

Also please change the title of the post to Connecting A Sandisk Player To An Ipod Dock, so others will find this when they search for it.

First one is discontinued. But that’s interesting, the second one turns the iPod doc into an AUX-in.

At the first link they said a new model of the Universal Dock Adapter called the Dockboss+ will be out at the end of September.

They are both made by the same company. The difference is that the Universal Dock Adapter and  Dockboss+ provide a usb connection for charging and data as well as audio, while the Dockboss only provides audio. When searching the net for Dockboss+, I found pages saying that the Dockboss+ has a micro USB male connector as well as an audio connector, while The Universal dock adapter has a female standard usb jack and an audio connector.

For the Fuze, the Dockboss is the best choice. For power, he could get a separate car usb charger. Finding an adapter cable that goes from female micro usb to female usb probably won’t be easy. All the micro usb adapters I have seen have a male micro usb connector.

Did you ever find a solution to this?  We have the same problem.  The car has a USB port but it won’t recognise the Sandisk my hubbie had for Father’s Day today!

@dougd wrote:

Did you ever find a solution to this?  We have the same problem.  The car has a USB port but it won’t recognise the Sandisk my hubbie had for Father’s Day today!

Make sure the player is set to the USB mode of MSC, and make sure the songs (or whatever audio content) is loaded onto the player in this mode. You car’s stereo will not recognize the player if in MTP (or Auto) mode. Also note that it will not be able to ‘see’ the external memory card if you have one inserted. It will only see and play what is loaded in the internal memroy of the player.

AND one further caveat . . . the files should be .mp3 or .wma format. Most (if not all) car stereos will only recognize these digital audio formats.