Re: Computer not recognizing Sansa Fuze - SOLVED!

Hats off man.. Even i was frustrated with the same issue. Now it works. Pls its still not working if i put that in MTP mode. Instead i have put that in MSC mode and ma sandisk player gets charged..

Regards

Ganesh S

SanDisk User

What happens when you put it in MTP mode? Is it just not charging? Or the Computer is acting funny?

I had the same issue and my FUZE is working like it was new.

Mabye I can help

Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Red Ver: 2.02.28

Sandisk Sansa Fuze 4GB Blue Ver: 2.02.28

If i changed that to MTP mode its behaves lik previous. Shows charging for a while and then the charging options stops. As a result battery gets empty. Couldn't access internal memory yet..
SanDisk User

Have you tried to reset it to the factory default settings?

Settings>System Settings>Reset Factory Settings

OR

Try blowing air in the USB port and cable there may be some lint or dirt.

Ususally with charging problems, is it plugged to the back of the CPU?

Ira

Im having a bit of a different issue.  I got my Fuze and turned it on listened to it for a bit and it ran out of battery.  I plugged it in to charge and it doesnt do anything.  Because it is dead i cannot change any settings and it is getting no charge.  Any suggestions?
SanDisk Guru

lordsaint wrote:
Im having a bit of a different issue.  I got my Fuze and turned it on listened to it for a bit and it ran out of battery.  I plugged it in to charge and it doesnt do anything.  Because it is dead i cannot change any settings and it is getting no charge.  Any suggestions?

Try a different USB port. Usually the ones in the back (on a desktop) put out more power than the front ones. If using a laptop, make sure it is plugged into AC power. But there are some laptops that simply don't put out enough juice to both make a data connection and charge the device at the same time. In this case, you probably need to get an AC - USB charger.
SanDisk User

lordsaint wrote:

My fuse has done that 3 times and what i will do let it plugged in on an external charger to the wall all night. By the nexed morning it's reacted and ready to be used.

Thank you so much for very helpful advice. My problem appeared after installing a driver for a webcam. Strange coincidence. Everything is now back to normal. Thanks again. François.Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for this post. I was about to throw my mothers Dell Mini 10v against the wall or my Fuze on the floor. You saved me a lot of money so thanks again.

Thanks man!  It worked for me too...!!