Computer not recognizing Sansa Fuze - SOLVED!

Holy Misunderstanding, Batman!!!

1. I don’t hate WMP.
  2. I don’t love, love, love Rockbox. I use it on some of my players, but not all. It’s useful for some people, but is not the “silver bullet” othes make it out to be.
  3. I did not put down or slam your suggestion. I merely provided what 95+% of people find an easier alternative to messing with the quirks of MTP mode. You apparently (for some reason) are in the 5% who don’t find MSC mode easier and more straight-forward.
  4. While you might have prefaced your original reply to say that “none of the other solutions had worked for you”, please realize we hear this sort of “generalized” comment every day here so we assume nothing. We have no idea whether MSC mode was one of those “other solutions” you tried or not if you do not specifically say so. You didn’t.
  5. If this system works for you and you’re satisfied and content to go through this every time you want to manage your player by all means go for it, and I’m happy for you. Maybe your comments and suggestions will help others. If it does, that’s great too. But as I said, switching to MSC mode resolves the over-whelming majority of issues like yours that people who come here looking for answers have, which is why is it overwhelmingly recommended by not only me, but others here who have been around for some time and have read (and helped on) countless other similar situations.

Sorry you took offense, none was intended. As Bugs Bunny used to say, “Unlax!” It’s all good! :laughing: