Computer not recognizing Fuze

I admit that I have an OLD computer, but I used Windows Media Player 8 and it worked perfect for getting my music downloaded.  I downloaded over 300 songs with it.  But now when I try to download more, the computer isn’t showing that the Fuze is connected at all.  I don’t get the ding when I plug it in or anything.  It’s like it doesn’t even exist.

So, I took it to my much newer computer at work and it is the same.  It doesn’t recognize it either.  No ding, no icon, no nothing.  Does anyone have any ideas?

At this point I have only had it for a week and I’m sure I could take it back.  But I would rather it just work.  Help!

What operating system are you running?

The Fuze requires Windows XP and WMP 10 or higher in order to work in MTP mode. You can try MSC mode, but it is recommended that you meet the system requirements to ensure full functionality

@angeedc wrote:

. . . the computer isn’t showing that the Fuze is connected at all.  I don’t get the ding when I plug it in or anything.  It’s like it doesn’t even exist.

So, I took it to my much newer computer at work and it is the same.  It doesn’t recognize it either.  No ding, no icon, no nothing.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Some people have reported problems like this when they plug into the front USB port of their computer. Try one in the back. It’s not as convenient, but it works for a lot of people.

Let us know if that works . . . if not, we’ll try to figure it out with you :smiley: .

You should try reseting it. Hold the power switch up for 10 seconds!!