Computer not detecting Fuze correctly?

I had an issue with the 90MB error and I found a topic with information about how to fix it. I have a 4GB with an 8GB microSD card plugged into it. I formatted everything, all files are completely off of it now, but it’s still acting wonky when I plug it in. It’ll open a folder for ‘SANSA FUZE (E: )’ and another folder for ‘Removable Disk (F: )’ where all my music was when I was having the error message problem. E: has nothing in it (and all the folders are all-caps for some reason, it wasn’t that way pre-error) and F: now just has a ‘MUSIC’ folder with ‘AUDIOBOOKS’ and ‘PODCASTS’ subfolders inside, all empty. On the device itself, in Settings > System Settings > USB Mode, it’s set to MSC already, which the topic I’d referred to had said to check.  What’s going on, how can I fix this?

Message Edited by jedim on 07-26-2010 11:35 AM

How can you fix what? there’s nothing wrong. This is how your player will be displayed in Windows Explorer when connected in MSC mode. Your E: drive is the player; your F: drive is the external memory card slot. This is displayed whether there is a card inserted in the player or not.

Both these drives will be under the heading Devices with Removable Storage , wheras if the player is connected in MTP mode it will be 1 icon under Other.

How can you fix what? There’s nothing wrong. This is how your player will be displayed in Windows Explorer when connected in MSC mode. Your E: drive is the player; your F: drive is the external memory card slot. This is displayed whether there is a card inserted in the player or not.

Both these drives will be under the heading Devices with Removable Storage , wheras if the player is connected in MTP mode it will be 1 icon under Other.

How can you fix what? There’s nothing wrong. This is how your player will be displayed in Windows Explorer when connected in MSC mode. Your E: drive is the player; your F: drive is the external memory card slot. This is displayed whether there is a card inserted in the player or not.

Both these drives will be under the heading Devices with Removable Storage , whereas if the player is connected in MTP mode it will be 1 icon under Other.

None of this happened before the error, though, and it hasn’t changed back.

But if this is normal, alright. Thank you for clearing it up C: 

Message Edited by jedim on 07-26-2010 12:34 PM