Clearing Deleted Voice Recordings from Database

@lamine wrote:

Greetings. 8gb Fuze has been great, but one annoying problem:

If I delete a voice recording via windows, while the fuze is connected to my PC, the deleted recordings are still listed on the Fuze menus. The only way to remove the entries for the deleted files is to manually “delete recording” on the fuze for each file. Is this the normal behavior? It would be nice if the fuze recognized that the files have been deleted and automatcally removed those entries from the list when it is unplugged from the pc.

It should do this during the “Refreshing Your Media” initialization at start-up and after un-plugging from the computer. You may have to delete them while connected in MTP mode (I don’t trust Auto-Defect). I know if you want to edit the file names to something other than the default date/time stamp that MTP mode is required otherwise the new file names won’t be saved.

Alternatively, you can delete (in MSC mode only) the ‘mtable.sys’ file in the root directory of the Fuze while connected to your computer. This is the database file and if deleted, it will completely re-build a new one during the refresh, rather than just updating exsiting data.