Can you use a MicroSD card with a Fuze?

My daughter just got the 4GB Fuze… we had the older e200 series and I have a couple of 1GM MicroSD cards haning around.

Putting them doesn’t seem to work.  I don’t think they are being recognized.

I see in the manual that the Fuze can use the MicroSDHC cards, but can they read MicroSD cards as well?

Turn the Fuze off. Plug the card in, Turn the fuze on. Do you see a screen that says refreshing your database (Or something like that)? If to the card is recognized. If not then you do indeed have an issue. The fuze does not separate the memory of the card from the internal. When you look at the song list there is a litttle icon that looks like a card, next to songs that are on the card.

I have a few songs on a MicroSD.  When in my old Sansa, it reads it fine and I see the songs.  When turned on it says “Refreshing Database”.

When I take that same MicroSD card and put into the Fuze, when starting it says “Refreshing your media”.

I don’t see this songs.  Under Info, SD card is at 0MB and Free at 0MB.  When I shut down and remove the card, I insert into my media reader on PC and then wants to reformat the cards… as if the Fuze totally blew out the formatting.

Another MicroSD card that I have, when inserted, just seems to hang at the “Refreshing your media” screen.

I’m guessing that MicroSD is not supported… just thought this would have come up by now.

MicroSD is supported. I use one myself. What Kind of Card is it? What Class (if you know)? 

Kingston 1GB MicroSD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134215

Don’t see the class listed though…

There was an issue with Kingston cards with regard to video. I have not heard about music. Can you copy the music off the card on to the computer? Or does it not work on there either?

First, I’d like to thank you for answering my question(s)!

Once the card is instered into the Fuze, I cannot read it… even when connected to my PC.

Well, all this may be a moot point now.  I just instered the card into my PC media reader and now I can even access it.  I have

the card instered, but when I go to access the drive, it says to please insert media.

I’m just going to order my daughter a SDHC and be done with it!  That will give her plenty of memory!

What brand do people prefer?

I was gonna say that there have been issues with Kingston, so it may be worth it to get a new card. And Cards can go bad over time. I Have a Lexar, and a sandisk. I use my Lexar primarily (Its was loaded up with music before I bought the Sandisk card) But the Sandisk was the better deal.

Thanks again!

@blizzofoz wrote:

'm just going to order my daughter a SDHC and be done with it!  That will give her plenty of memory!

You are on a SanDisk-sponsored forum talking about SanDisk brand players, and if you didn’t know SanDisk is THE largest maker of flash memory cards/products in the world.

Now, do you really have to ask? :stuck_out_tongue:

@blizzofoz wrote:

I’m just going to order my daughter a SDHC and be done with it!  That will give her plenty of memory!

You are on a SanDisk-sponsored forum talking about SanDisk brand players, and if you didn’t know SanDisk is THE largest maker of flash memory cards/products in the world.

Now, do you really have to ask? :stuck_out_tongue: