Can you edit your tags on the device itself?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I was just wondering…can you edit your id3tags with the files on your device Sansa Fuze 8gb +8gb card or do you have to put them on your pc first?

My refresh database is taking a bit too long (prox 5 minutes) and I read somewhere that this might be linked with the id3tags. Hence my question.

Any help? Thanks!

If you use MSC mode, then yes.

If you use MTP mode, then I’m not sure (but I doubt it).

If you’re not sure which mode you’re in and you use Windows Media Player to transfer files, you’re in MTP mode.

Sansa players have no built-in way of editing the tags, if that’s what you mean. You need to use a program on your PC, such as MP3Tag, WMP or iTunes. And if you edit the tags on the player, the database may not be updated to reflect the new tags. It’s generally better to update the files on the PC, then reload them to the player.

No, I meant with using mp3tag. So I still have to transfer the files to my pc …edit them and reload on the Fuze?

@bandabou wrote:
No, I meant with using mp3tag. So I still have to transfer the files to my pc …edit them and reload on the Fuze?

No, you shouldn’t have to. You did on the old e200v1 players, but the newer v2 version of those players, Fuze & Clip which all use the upgraded AMS processing chip should be able to accept & store the corrected/edited tag info with no problem.

And if there is a problem, just delete mtable.sys and let it rebuild the database from scratch. But you shouldn’t have to.

Make sure mp3tag is set to Write (via Tools/Options/Tags/Mpeg) in ID3v2.3 8859-1.

Thanks guys! I’ll give it a try…