Can't view files on Sandisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Player.

How do I view files on my mp3 player that are not visable? Also I used a different computer for these last few imports so I’m asumming it has somethign to do with that?

There are 2 USB Mode settings; MSC, MTP & Auto Detect. Files loaded while the player is connected in one mode cannot be seen while connected in the other. Auto Detect can (and will) connect in either, depending on different conditions. It will default to MTP if possible; if not it will connect in MSC leading to its common nickname, Auto Defect.

It sounds as though this could be your issue, especially since you say you’ve used different machines to load music on at different times. My advice is to set the player to MSC mode, copy whatever files you can see to your computer, then disconnect, switch to MTP mode and do the same. Now format the player which will erase everything you’ve added (in both modes) from the memory. Reset to MSC mode and copy everything back to the player. You shoud now be able to see everything while connected to your computer without the confusion of the MTP/MSC limitation. :smiley:

There are 3 USB Mode settings; MSC, MTP & Auto Detect. Files loaded while the player is connected in one mode cannot be seen while connected in the other. Auto Detect can (and will) connect in either, depending on different conditions. It will default to MTP if possible; if not it will connect in MSC leading to its common nickname, Auto Defect.

It sounds as though this could be your issue, especially since you say you’ve used different machines to load music on at different times. My advice is to set the player to MSC mode, copy whatever files you can see to your computer, then disconnect, switch to MTP mode and do the same. Now format the player which will erase everything you’ve added (in both modes) from the memory. Reset to MSC mode and copy everything back to the player. You shoud now be able to see everything while connected to your computer without the confusion of the MTP/MSC limitation.