Brand New Fuze Plus arrived today and doesn't work

My brand new Fuze Plus 16gb arrived a moment ago. It will not turn on or respond to being connected to the PC. Tried holding the start button for ages and still nothing. What do i do?

Sad to hear that. Just return it to the shop and get a new one on the warranty.

Some of them have a hardware problem, probably with the button itself.

There is a method you can try if you want to, involving manually putting some

files on there and rebooting the thing, but it the problem is a pure mechanical

one with the button, that method won’t help you.

The method is to download a new “firmware.sb” file and put it on there, but that’s

only if you want to try and fix it yourself.

The Sansa Fuze+ really is a wonderful player, but it does have some issues.

Don’t be alarmed by the amount of trouble you see at this forum. If you give the

Fuze+ a proper chanse you migt end up loving it. The sound quality is amazing.

Just return it and get a new one. Less hasstle…

:smiley:

You did’nt say if you could see the Fuze+'s files via your computer when it was connected.

Here are the instructions on how to Update the firmware:

Linky

If you think that’s too complicated or sounds difficult, just return the player for a new one.

@concerto_major wrote:

You did’nt say if you could see the Fuze+'s files via your computer when it was connected.

Here are the instructions on how to Update the firmware:

Linky

I believe he did . . .

@owingtothis wrote:

My brand new Fuze Plus 16gb arrived a moment ago. It will not turn on _ or respond to being connected to the PC. _ Tried holding the start button for ages and still nothing. What do i do?

Thanks for the advice. I think im going to return it. This one was a replacement for the one i lost the other day. I got my first about a year ago and have nothing but good things to say about it. it really is a fantastic mp3 player.

Once again, cheers!

mine was exactly the same until I charged it up in my car. then once charged I plugged it in to my pc and everything worked fine.