68fastback

Re: Battery depleted when not in use?

Thanks Tapeworm and everyone else too.

Yeah, it definately has a problem.  My wife's fuze+ is still at 100% (for days ...and that includes powering up to check) but mine loses at lest 5% overnight and 10-15% in 24 hours of non-use.  Must be a bad battery.

It's funny how it takes a while to notice it.  At first I thought with putting  music on and learning how to use it since the display is on a lot I figured I was just using a lot more power.  It wasn't until weeks later that I actually let it sit a few days and it was almost half-discharged --yikes!  Now we know why, I think.

Enjoy!!

-Dan

SanDisk User
-sandro-

[ Edited ]

too bad that the clock is not even run! It comes back to the time first set

Same problem here, noticed at first use

68fastback

RMA approved yesterday and Fuze+ sent today.  Should receive replacement in 7-10 days after they receive it.

This is the first problem we've ever had with any Sansa product so never had to call before but nice to kjnow they stand behind it with good service. 

Can't wait to get it back !!

venegasa

My RMA was approved yesterday but unfortunately I still do not receive the email with the link to the UPS tracking label. I'm confused. I have asked on the "MySansa" page, had a chat session with a support rep and the only thing he did was to re-sent the RMA approval email. Is this normal? I don't have the return label nor know the return address I should send the unit to. He told me I should receive the second email at the end of the day but who knows. Frustrating indeed.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Did you give the rep a valid e-mail address?

Did you make sure he (or she) spelled it correctly?

Have you checked your Spam and/or Junk folder?

venegasa

Yes to all 3 questions. I checked my email and my sansa profile this morning and the status of the rma is "RMA in transit", but I still do not have the return label. If only I could have the return address, I'll return the unit on my expense. I guess I'll be calling (no more chats) if I don't receive a reply in a timely fashion. Thanks Tapeworm for responding.

venegasa

My defective unit was received on August 8 although it was posted as rcvd the 9th. Anyway, I had to send it at my expense and I am still waiting for the replacement. A wait period of 2-3 weeks is simply nonsense. Why make the customer wait so long? One thing is certain, I am staying away from Sandisk players in the future; there's got to be better players out there and better customer service as well. Just my 2 cents.

venegasa

Still dealing with this issue. Have been given 2 different ship dates but actual shipping does not happen. Accepted different color as mine was not available; still no shipment. Countless chat sessions, phone calls etc, with no avail. I am just about to give up. To be honest I don't know what the holdup is. I purchased my unit on ebay using Paypal, I did not pay with stones or whatever. Im so frustrated with the RMA process. Sandisk have made everything in their power for me to not want to buy anything from them anymore. Well maybe I can order my own death!; I guess I'll be inmortal then.

SanDisk Senior User
xpmule

never noticed until fairly recently but i think mine has this issue too

it almost seems like it started after some of the numerous firmware upgrades

SanDisk Senior User
alienkid10

[ Edited ]

by any chance do any of you also have the time issue? My batt stopped dropping  after I fixed the time issue.