Audio is off... Any suggestions/help?

Hi. whenever I convert any episode of a show like family guy, the simpsons or american dad, the audio is always off like you hear people talk before you see their mouths move. Does anyone else have the same problem or any suggestions on how to stop this. (Its the Fuze BTW)

This is a common problem and it is not the Fuze’s fault or that of Sansa. It is the fault of the process. Whether you have an ipod or a zune or a fuze or any video player this happens. It is a sad fact of the way things are. I would suggest you try another converter like WinAVi to convert the file then use SMC to add it to your device This may help some

Well I got indeed the same problem. Only my movies are already in .avi (download) so, and i’m not a genius on this thing, what can WINavi do for me then?

Another weird thing is, is that 2 or 3 movies did play oke on my fuze. I just don’t get it…

Message Edited by JudyGold0 on 01-11-2009 05:55 AM

Audio synchronization (timing) gets messed up for a variety of reasons, starting with the slight dip in frame rate (29.97 versus 30) for NTSC video.  And that was for chroma issues with the signal.  The digital equilvalent rounds off the calculation of rate, making the sound fall behind.  Well, sometimes.

This happens during the conversion process, the transcription between video codecs, a real mess in my book.  Sometimes, using a different codec solves the issue.  The Internet, and digital video, offers a virtual cornicopia of possible combinations.  And we thought there were issues with PAL / SECAM / NTSC (oops, now DTV too)… 

In the digital domain, our source video can be almost anything, and as files get moved about on the Internet, that source video becomes a virtual unknown.

On the computer side, just which codecs you have installed affects the available tools for the Sansa Media Converter.  There are codecs and there are revised versions.  Unless you have a locked Apple, who knows how many licks will get you to the center of the Tootsie Pop.  OOps, sorry, depending upon which one of the Apple Kitties you have installed, the Siamese, the Tabby, or the Calico, wasn’t it?

I am fortunate in that I have happy synchronization with most everything I have tried, including DVD.  As I experiment with video, I have all those happy tools in the box, k-lite, CCCP, Quicktime, Real, various versions of the SMC, a digital soup.  I wish I could clone the right combination.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: