Anyone know when the next firmware is released?

I’m ansy too.  In fact I’m planning on buying a different player because this one is simply not fitting my needs.  A firmware update that fixes a few things would help convince me to keep it.

I think some of the Gurus and moderators will reply saying simply “Sandisk doesn’t announce firmware updates.  It will be released whenever they are ready.  Just be patient.”

Other Gurus and moderators have said that Sandisk representatives sometimes check these forums to see what issues need to be addressed the most. 

I agree with the second line of thinking, so I encourage everyone who is seriously frustrated by this device and wants a firmware update to post about it.  It might help motivate them to speed things along.

One poster on these forums mentioned that he was on the phone with tech support and mentioned a specific problem that would be fixed in the next firmware update (something about microSD cards I think).  This is encouraging because I doubt they would make such a promise unless they had it at least partially fixed in a new firmware they just haven’t released.  That was over a month ago though.