Album art wont show on FLAC files

I cant seem to have my album art display for the FLAC files that are on my 8GB MicroSD card. Its funny. I add the album art to the FLAC files trough MediaMonkey, and within MediaMonkey, I transfer the files to the Fuze’s INTERNAL memory (that is the only option to transfer). The art shows up fine when I transfer to the FUZE and play it. Now, whenver i connect the fuze and go to windows explorere to cut n paste the songs to the External SD card, the art does not show up on the fuze. I even tried to add the art as a png file and with a 120x120 resolution.

Any help is appreciated.

There might be a more technical version, but I would just save a folder.jpg file into the folder containing the album on the sd card.

Open the file in question in media monkey, when it opens and plays. Right mouse click on the file and select properties. 

A box will open saying track properties, select album art click add it. then under Image type make sure to select Cover Front, make sure this is selected and hit OK. Now close Media Monkey and reopen it and see if that file still has the cover embedded to the file in question and that it’s (front). Now move the file to your player it should work.

IT doesn’t matter what program you use for creating music files, Media Monkey or Windows Media player, I’ve found that most of the time if a album art doesn’t work it’s because it isn’t embedded right, IE Cover front option isn’t selected when adding the picture to the file. Keep an eye out for that and you’ll never be with out the art work

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 04-27-2009 11:16 AM

Hi,

I just bought the Sansa Fuze and I really like it. One of the reason I bought it was because it’s able to play FLAC-files.

I have tagged all my FLACs and also saved the album art with “TagScan” into the FLAC-file (as far as I know it’s saved there like in an OGG-File as vorbis cover). I even checked if it’s saved as front cover with MediaMonkey, and yes, it’s saved as a front cover.

I got it working with saving the album art as “folder.jpg” in the same folder, but there should also be a way to read the cover out of the FLAC file, shouldn’t it?

@cheesey wrote:

I got it working with saving the album art as “folder.jpg” in the same folder, but there should also be a way to read the cover out of the FLAC file, shouldn’t it?

I don’t think so. Besides, consider this . . . Say you have an album containing 12 songs. This album is a folder containing the 12 FLAC files. By embedding the image into each file, you now have that same image duplicated 12 times, taking up 12 times the memory space.

By adding just 1 ‘album art, jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’ to the album folder, this 1 image is used by all 12 tracks within this folder whenever they are played.  I know the image files are small, but when mutiplied by several hundred tracks they add up, reducing the amount of music you can fit on the player.

Cheesey wrote:

Consider this . . . say you have an album containing 12 songs. This album is a folder containing the 12 FLAC files. By embedding the image into each file, you now have that same image duplicated 12 times, taking up 12 times the memory space.

By adding just 1 ‘album art, jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’ to the album folder, this 1 image is used by all 12 tracks within this folder whenever they are played.  I know the image files are small, but when mutiplied by several hundred tracks they add up, reducing the amount of music you can fit on the player.

I know what you mean, but I won’t change it now. I have ripped several thousand songs onto my computer, tagged it and saved the album art in them. The files have about 15-30MB, so it doesn’t really matter if each file has 0,5MB more or less, you know, what I mean? :wink:

Considering Fuze can handle FLAC-Files itself and reading their taggs, it should also be able to read the album art out of it - no matter if saving the album art in the file is a good idea or not.

got it to work by adding an image named folder.jpg to the album folder, but it only works for some songs… what is going on??? help!