Re: stuck on 'refreshing your media'.

Tapeworm wrote:

If all things are equal on both players and one works properly and the other doesn't, I think you've answered your own question.

Agh. Thanks. I was so frustrated with the process I overlooked the obvious. Toast it is.

SanDisk Guru

I would contact SanDisk's Customer Service (by telephone is best), for assistance. And if you are under warranty, SanDisk could replace the player.

Bogus link - dump this guy

SanDisk Guru

rcombes wrote:

Bogus link - dump this guy

What link? What guy? Smiley Frustrated

If you are referring to a previous post in this thread, it would help to use the Quote button (top right of message composition pane) so people would know what you are talking about.

I've gone back to the beginning of the thread and there's only 1 post (from someone who's been around here quite a while and knows what he is talking about) with links in it. The information provided is still valid and the links work just fine.

My Sandisk Sansa Clip+ got stuck on "Refreshing Your Media" after I tried adding a new playlist via Windows Media Player.

I found this solution worked for me:

Download the firmware update:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-18/td-p/280756

You basically just download a file, connect the device to your PC, and then copy the file into the root directory of the player's drive.  Then disconnect the drive, and it will install the firmware update.  After it is done, it will shut off. Then when you turn it on again, you should be good to go.

I assume this solution will work for other models as well.

Highlighted

How I fixed a Sansa Clip+ version 1 that was stuck on the "Refreshing media" screen:

• Plug into a windows PC via USB
  • Delete all files from the drive root of the Clip+
  • Paste the driver file clppa.bin into the drive root of the Clip+
  • Eject the Clip+ from the Windows PC

This made the device completely wipe clean and working again to play music.