m240 removes MP3 IDv2 and album art.

Okay, I have a question about my M240. More of a complaint and a WTF.

I’ve had my m240 for…6 months or more. I’ve been putting my songs on my microSD card.

Well, my 32GB card is getting filled up, so I decided to put some on the internal drive on the m240.

Now, I’m the **bleep** type and I like to have the album art and idv2 on all of my MP3s. Who wouldn’t?

So, I put the MP3’s on there. Boot it up. And the album art is now gone and the IDv2 information is gone too.

So instead of seeing:      Olivia Project

Xanadu

I see:                Olivia Project

26-The Olivia Project-Xanadu

And going into the info for the song on the m240, it doesn’t list a year or number for the song.

So yeah, it deletes all of the IDv2 information for the song and deletes all the album art.

Now, my MP3s aren’t Read Only.

But, why in the holy hell would Sandisk make something that would edit a file?

Hardware shouldn’t be able to edit the software.

What the hell is going on?

Don’t see an edit feature on here…

So, my battery just died. Whatever. I plug the m240 into the wall so it will charge while I listen to it.

And suddenly, all the album art is back.

WTF?

If it isn’t plugged into the wall, the album art is gone. When I plug it in, the album art is back.

Is David Blane trapped inside the m240, because this is magic! (NO, THIS IS PATRICK)

But, the IDv2 information is still gone.

1. The m200 series is ancient technology. Practically pre-historic. You say you’ve had this 6 months. Well the player was discontinued about 6 years ago.
  2. This is the Clip Zip forum board. Your question really shouldn’t be posted here. The All Other MP3 Players board would be much more appropriate.
  3. But even posting in the correct boars, it is going to be hard to find someone that even remembers this old player, let alone has much knowledge on it any more. I do know that there were 4 hardware/firmware versions, which if not confusing enough, SanDisk doesn’t even list that model here in the Firmware Thread on this forum.

Edit: The Edit Reply option is in the (aptly named) Options in the upper right-hand corner of the posting. :wink:

Hmmm…it is a Clip Zip 4GB player.

And looking at a picture…god, the m240 is my old 1GB player. Okay. Edit everything.

I have the Clip Zip 4GB player.

Also do not have an edit function in the options menu.