hang booting: "Refreshing your media" forever

Hello,

i just bought a Clip Zip and put some files onto its internal memory. Now it hangs refreshing my media. I assume there’s something “wrong” with my files/tags. Could track it down and fix/remove whatever file causes the problem myself but unfortunately I can’t even acces any files via USB.

So: How can i get my player working again?

Just in case somebody is wondering: It’s even “refreshing” when plugged to my computer before providing access to its memory.

I suppose you have already tried a reset – by pressing the power button for 15-30 seconds –, otherwise you couldn’t even turn it off. But I have no idea what’s going on. Since you can’t see it in «my computer» to reinstall the firmware, your only option will be to get the player replaced.

Can you get it to start in any way (without refreshing) to format the memory?

Actually, yes. For some reason it started without refreshing just before I intended to pack it for replacement. Don’t know why. But I will avoid to use the internal memory from now. So: Problem solved for me.

BTW: Is there any (undocumented) way to prevent the player from refreshing? I couldn’t find one.

@bacuh wrote:
Is there any (undocumented) way to prevent the player from refreshing? I couldn’t find one.

I don’t know, but maybe the SanDisk techs know (if they’d only take notice of this forum).

…I will avoid to use the internal memory from now. So: Problem solved for me.

I would certainly format the internal memory if you can. There’s a high likelihood that it would definitely solve your problem – and no risk that I’m aware of.

No way to avoid a refresh, as far as I am aware (apart from, perhaps, removing an external memory card, if that’s what’s causing the Rees).

Definitely time for a reformat, as noted above–it just can fix unclear issues.