changing USB modes

I have three zips that i loaded aprox a year ago. I used WMP sync. with Auto Detect. Not knowing it was not

the mode of choice by most users. I had no problems with this method. The more i read the forums about the

issues with Auto Detect, My question is: can I load new music using MSC mode after using Auto Detect thus

far on my three clips, Or would I have to reload all music using MSC mode ?. I’m a newbie with all this so

bear with me.   THANK YOU !

If it work, and you have no problems with it, I’d say go right on doing what you’re doing.

If you’re wanting to switch to MSC mode for all future transfers though, you’re beter off clearing the memory (formatting will do this very quickly), setting the USB Mode to MSC, then re-transferring everything back to the player.

The problem with the different modes is:

1. Auto Defect (as we like to call it) will default to MTP mode whenever possible. But if it can’t, it will enter MSC mode.
  2. The problem with this is files loaded in one mode cannot be seen by your computer while connected in the other mode. You can see where this could get confusing.

If it works, and you have no problems with it, I’d say go right on doing what you’re doing. Although I’d probably switch to MTP mode and leave the Auto Detect out of the equation.

If you’re wanting to switch to MSC mode for all future transfers though, you’re better off clearing the memory (formatting will do this very quickly), setting the USB Mode to MSC, then re-transferring everything back to the player(s).

The problem with the different modes is:

1. Auto Defect (as we like to call it) will default to MTP mode whenever possible. But if it can’t, it will enter MSC mode.
  2. The problem with this is files loaded in one mode cannot be seen by your computer (or you) while connected in the other mode. You can see where this could get confusing.

switched to MTP mode, loaded new music with no problems

Thanks !

i want to charge mi clip zip but it doesnt want to charge when i put in the charger the screen just stays black and it wont turn on

@georgeiscoll123 wrote:

i want to charge mi clip zip but it doesnt want to charge when i put in the charger the screen just stays black and it wont turn on

This really doesn’t have anything to do with the subject of this thread. You should really start a new one. :wink:

@georgeiscoll123 wrote:

But, to be short:  you might try a different USB cable; and/or a different USB port and/or charger.  

@miikerman wrote:

@georgeiscoll123 wrote:

But, to be short:  you might try a different USB cable; and/or a different USB port and/or charger.  

And/or try a reset by holding the power button down for 20-30 secs. Release, and then see if it will start up. The battery may not be drained at all, but the preocessor is “stuck”, hence the dark screen giving the appearance of a dead battery.

If it is drained, it may start briefly and give you a msg. about low battery, shutting down. If so, now try plugging it into your computer to charge.