album name

why is one of my albums name on the computer but when i unplug it  , the album shows as unknow ?

Are the ID3 tags for the album filled in?  A good ID3 tag editor (Internet freeware):  MP3Tag. 

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

THE ALBUM NAME AND SONG NAMES SHOW WHEN I PLUG INTO THE COMPUTER THOUGH

Perhaps the tags are in the wrong format. The Sandisk players need ID3v2.3 ISO8859-1 tags.

@cjpunkk wrote:

Dude, no need to shout at us.  it’s quite rude and we’re only trying to offer solutions.

Just because you can see it on the computer does not mean that it will show up that way on the player.  The computer’s media app is more sophisticated and more advanced than the clip zip’s firmware.  It can do things that the player cannot.

Sansa players read the ID3 tags which are the song title, album name, artist, etc.  If any of that is missing, it will show the song under “unknown”.  This is what will commonly happen.

Have you downloaded MP3Tag, as suggested previously, and looked at the song files tag info in MP3Tag to see if anything is missing? 

@cjpunkk wrote:

Just to be clear:  your computer is reading the folder and file names for the files, while the player is reading the ID3 tags for the files (ID3 tags are data embedded into the files, identifying the track name, artist, album, etc., that the player then reads and displays).  (This is my guess from your post.)  Hence, the need to edit/add/fix the ID3 tags. 

One other thing when using MP3Tag – always remember to “save” whatever changes are made.