Won't start if card in slot - quits while "refreshing media"

Ok, fellas. I think I got this figured out finally. Hope this helps you as much as it did me. 

After my last post, I am sure you read that I did everything humanly possible to this thing to get the card to work. 

I ended up formatting the player and formatting the SD card as well to make sure that I was literally starting with a clean slate. Long story short, my final ditch effort to get this thing to work was to have them both cleaned off - I put the SD card into the card slot and then connected the player (with card inserted) to the computer. Going through ‘My Computer’ and selecting the Clip Zip it pulled up the ‘External Card’ and ‘Internal Memory’ as options. 

I put my most listened to music (only about 5 albums for a test run directly into ‘Internal Memory’)

The rest I manually selected in album form and moved all to the ‘External Card’ option (about 10GB)

After it running for a short time it offered me a format issue resolution. I am guessing a big part of the problem loading the SD card the way a normal person would - was causing acceptance issues with some formats the music comes in. I selected the checkbox to automatically format the music to acceptable files by the player and let it run…

After about 2 hours of it processing and placing the music on the player, I can say it successfully works. At this time the card has about 10GB and the player just shy of 4GB and it seems to be running just fine. 

Hope this helps since I found no reasonable resolutions posted. 

I am glad to help if needed, I will keep an eye on the thread for the next handful of days. Want this player to work!! I will tell you - even though I am exhausted with this thing at this time. Putting some of the music on with a decent pair of headphones - it does have great quality. I have all my EQ settings to rock and the sound is no less quality than a several hundred dollar Ipod. 

Either way - Happy New Year to all of you and best of luck!

-Blake